12 years ago today, I lost my best friend and partner at the time in a tragic car accident.
His family lost a caring, fun-loving brother and son.
The world lost one of the best senses of humor and outlooks on life that I have ever seen.
Lemon meringue was his favorite!
Here's to you, Brian. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of you and miss you terribly. Until we meet again, I'll enjoy this slice for you!
🇬🇧: birthday cake for a marathon runner who recently completed the Swedish marathon. Inside is a delicious lemon cake drizzled with lemon syrup and filled with lemon buttercream, homemade lemon curd and raspberry conserve. A firm favorite in hot weather. 🇧🇪: verjaardagstaart voor een marathonloper die recent heeft deelgenomen aan de marathon in Zweden. Binnenin een citroentaart met extra citroensiroop, citroen botercreme, zelf gemaakte citroencreme en frambozenconfituur. Blijft een grote favoriet tijdens warme periodes.
#lemoncakes#citroentaart#lemonmeringue#homemadebaking#sugarfigure#sugarartistry @cakedutchess #cakedutchesspaste
We've got two new awesome beers on tap today:
HAPPY THOUGHTS is back on! Your favorite very sessionable pale is has made its return 🎉
LEMON MERINGUE LAGER reminiscent of a slice of meyer lemon custard pie...😋 Join us today - we open at 4 🍻
Some people send pictures of loved ones to each other, holiday snaps, baby photos. We send pictures of cakes. Thank you @sunberrybake, we❤️you. Btw this is the lemon meringue cake I was raving about the other day! St.Px
Lemon Meringue Pie
You cannot go wrong with this sweet and simple lemon meringue recipe.
⦁ 2 Cups Flour
⦁ ½ Cup Sugar
⦁ 2 Tablespoons Buttercup Margarine
⦁ 1 Egg
⦁ 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
⦁ 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
⦁ 2 Lemons
⦁ 2 Tablespoons Milk
⦁ 2 Egg white
⦁ 4 Tablespoons Sugar
1. In a bowl, put the flour, the sugar, the Buttercup or margarine, the egg, the baking powder and the milk.
2. Mix it with your hands. If needed, put more flour.
3. It has to be matte and not sticking in your hands.
4. For the lemon filling: In another bowl put the sweetened condensed milk.
5. Mix with the juice of 2 Lemons. Reserve it.
6. For the meringue: in another bowl, put the egg whites. Beat it. After 2 minutes put the sugar and beat for 1 minute.
7. Now, with your hands, take a bunch of the pastry and fold it to the baking pan
8. Put the lemon filling
9. And cover with the meringue. You can do it on cupcake pans or in a big round baking pan
10. Bake for approximately 30 minutes in medium heat until meringue is golden brown. #zimbabwe#bake#bakey#bakers#lovefood#tastydessert#wedding#celebration#celebrate#cookandbake#lemon#lemonmeringue#lemonmeringuepie#eat