What do I do for a living? Well, that’s a good question. As most of you know I studied musical theatre in NYC and performing is part of my heart and soul. But it doesn’t pay the bills - at least not for me, maybe the ultimate success is still waiting around a corner or another, who knows, but for now, I have to make a living.
And so I use another skill I’ve had since I was little myself: work with kids. I got my babysitting certificate when I was 12 and have worked as a nanny or a babysitter ever since. I also worked as an assistant kindergardenteacher for almost 2 years before moving to NYC.
And even there I supported myself by spending time with the most incredible little humans. *
Today was my first day back in the family I work for right now after their summer vacation and they had made this „flag“ for me and they were waving it when I arrived, showering me with hugs and kisses.
And that’s why I love what I do so much. The kinds I have met on the way have always had such a big impact on me and my life. They have brought light, love, laughter and peace into my days, and I love them just as much as they love me.
A wise human once said: „do what you love and you won’t work a day in your life!“ - and how lucky am I to not only have found one job that makes me feel this way, but two.
• Woke up without an alarm
• Had a shake for breakfast (so no "Idk, what do YOU wanna do?? convo)
• Had a chicken sandwich and mini bell peppers for lunch
• Spent quality time with my #3rdshifthusband who I don't get to see on weekdays during the school year
• Hit up some yard sales, scored some deals
• Talked to people about the #glowuprevolution
• 20 min workout + dog interruptions (which are welcome, tbh)
• Am in the process of finding 10 people who want to get healthy for the #backtoschool season!
All of this is on my own time, at my own pace, and I can go to the bathroom whenever I need to. No boss, no observations, just talking to people and working on myself. FROM MY COUCH, IN MY PAJAMAS #livingthedream
Tell me again why you can't do what I do? 🤔