What a weekend! Really stepped out of my comfort zone with SUP yoga! And had a blast doing it! Thanks @kellyalomba for your grace while watching me face plant in the ocean a LOT! @aerafrica @leelayogakenya @shela_yogi @fazeelahw @h_wils @s__rich @fatumastower #loveshela#lamutamu#supyoga#smashthecomfortzone
Food is a big part of exploring, from the local delicacies to what can be found in other parts but with a traditional touch.
1. One day I was walking around and saw this vendor with all these yumminess. My sweet tooth self couldn't resist. Had it with pure super strong coffee. The locals call it kahawa tungu. Too yum
2. These are seasonal fruits - kitanzi ( couldn't find someone who knows the English name). According to the locals they only grow in a particular island called Ndau in Lamu.
3. Fresh crabs these are best when cooked on the dhow during a dhow safari. These Safaris are a must try. You get to see the most scenic views in Lamu and beyond.
4. They are certain places that are known for prawns in Lamu especially the tiny dried ones. Hence the price is quite fair. I think I paid 500kes for the plate. And how they make them your taste buds will definitely be overjoyed.
5. Lobsters among my favourite sea foods. The best ones I have had so far.🤗🤗🤗 6. Madafu - coconut water. I just never seem to acquire this taste. But many say how yum it is. Don't forget it's also nutritious.
I definitely did more but these are what stood out the most.