VIEW/SWIPE⬅️. Happy belated Fathers Day to all you Fathers out there. If you didn’t get to catch yesterday’s portion of our “Family Matters” series at @kcoahu. Here it is!!! After this clip, Pastor Josh went on and title this part of our series “THE FIGHT” and talked about having the ability to identify the enemy from your family. He also talks about the tension that goes on in our everyday lives and for us to make the ultimate decision of WHO IS GONNA WIN TODAY?!. Check it out on @kcoahu. God is the answer to everything. Have a Blessed Monday 🤙🏽🙏🏽🙌🏽❤️. #FamilyMatters#TheFight#KingsChapelOahu#KCOahu#KingsChapel
One of the things I have missed tremendously this Ramadhan is simply the pleasure of sitting down with a friend and exchanging stories, ideas, and travel plans over a pot of tea or a cup of hot chocolate.
I would not have written my PhD had I not had this luxury. Sure, 80 percent of the time, I was writing intensely in Queens’ Library, quite in isolation from my friends and colleagues. (I find that it is impossible for me to work in close proximity to people I know — the temptation to talk is always too great.) But the other 20 percent of my time, I spent it in other productive ways in Cambridge’s many cafes and coffeeshops.
If my friends know me well, they would know that my conversation opener whenever we meet is usually, “Guess what I’m writing about now?”. If not that, then it’s, “What are you writing about?”. Talk disentangles thoughts; talk also reassembles them in different ways. I am quite blessed to have friends who are patient and always receptive to my ideas, no matter how ridiculous they seem. As time passes, our friendship grew hand in hand with my own intellectual growth, and this is sufficient reason to keep them close to me, wherever we may drift towards.
Good friends enrich us — personally, intellectually, spiritually. Their warmth and sincerity radiate from their being, such that even a cold, dreary English winter afternoon can feel much, much warmer in their company.
The more I travel, the more I gain a deeper connection and appreciation to my own country
It is often important to remember to become a tourist in your own country & today I intended on doing so. The Kings Chapel, completed in 1515 after 100 years of construction, considered the finest and most extraordinary of it's style!
Hit a local pond with a couple buddies and did pretty good! Caught a 17" inch smallmouth in a pond that they aren't stocked in and a dink of a largemouth and both friends caught a largemouth too! Caught mine on a @rapalausa shallow diving crankbait (baby largemouth color) @jeremyocampo98 @johnocampo1993