Got a 10 random facts about me tag from my girl @keto_chichi soooo let’s see. Also this is an old picture from last December but I feels like it really captures my essence 😭
1.Growing up I watched a lot of R rated movies 😂😂 while most kids were watching Disney movies so there are tons of Disney classics that I’ve never seen like The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast and others. I saw Aladdin for the first time like 2 years ago
2. I HATE chocolate of all kinds. I pick the chocolate chips out of cookies and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
3.Before starting keto I was a pescatarian for 1 1/2 years. Definitely didn’t think that one day my diet would mainly consist of red meat and pork!
4. I loveeee all types of music. My playlist literally jumps from hip hop to country to grunge to classic rock to pop to easy listening. My favorite band of all time is Alice In Chains.
5. I have a degree in psychology...I’m not a therapist but you couldn’t tell most people in my life that. People literally have me saved in their phone as “Aiesha/therapist” I want to go back to school but it just hasn’t been in the cards⠀
6. Almost every single person in my immediate family on BOTH sides has at some point in their life or still does work for USPS...me included. I used to be a mailman 📬
7. I’ve tried to learn and play so many instruments but have failed😞 Violin, guitar, piano, ukulele...I’ve accepted that I’m just not musically inclined.
8. I’ve been cooking my entire life. I went to a culinary arts vocational high school in New York City and when I moved to NC in 11th grade I started doing competitions with other teenagers. I won a full scholarship to a culinary arts school my senior year but I turned it down to go to a “regular” college.
9.I read more than anyone I know. I was trying to read 100 books this year but I’ve only gotten to 58 🤷🏾♀️ I’ll try again next year. If you have recommendations send them over.
10. I’m terrified of deer. Like extremely afraid. Like will start screaming and freaking out if I see one. I don’t even like driving during deer season. Typing this out is making me anxious 😂😂😂
Omg guy!!! TORTILLAS!!! I am in love!!!! Ima have tacos everyday now hahahha! I put a link to the recipe because for some reason i couldn't upload the screenshots of the recipe along with the video :-/
After my smoothie this morning I’m still not hungry but needed a break from my screen so had lunch! Lunch today from my @josefrakich #ketoplan was 1cup lettuce, 30g chicken breast (was supposed to be thigh, didn’t have any), 25g bacon (I just used two slices) and 25g cheese ❤️🧀 it was simple and yummy! 🙌🏼 #myketodiary__
Great info from @healthynation_ 🥦🥑
Do you know everything about meat as protein source? 🍽 ——
✔️ Different sources of protein contain different essential vitamins and nutrients. Red meat is rich in vitamin B12 and iron whereas fish like salmon or sardines are high in omega-3 fatty acids
📝 Eating too much of the same foods over and over again not only gets boring but can lead to dietary deficiencies. Here is what I usually choose from:
🍗Chicken or turkey - white meat is the leanest choice, but I wouldn't give up on dark meat if you skip the skin. Both chicken and turkey give you about 22-25 grams of high-quality protein, along with B vitamins and selenium. Chicken is also easy to cook.
🥩 Beef - lean meat delivers up to 27 grams of protein, along with a healthy dose of iron, zinc, vitamin B12 and numerous other nutrients.
🍖Pork - contains branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which are key in supporting muscle recovery. If you choose lean pork, it is not that high in fat.
🍤Shrimp - type of sea food very low in fat (only 0.3g per 100g of shrimp) and gives you 24 grams of protein. It is reach in vitamin D, niacin, selenium and vitamin B12. Moreover, shrimp contain antioxidants such as astaxanthin, which reduces inflammation and oxidative damage.
🐟 Cod - is a great source of vitamins B3, B6 and B12, as well as omega 3 fatty acids, all of which provide benefits for heart health. Additionally, cod contains selenium, magnesium and potassium. it is packed with protein (18 grams), low in calories and has little fat.
Salmon - it supplies iron, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, in addition to a whole host of other nutrients you need for good health. It tends to be very high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Nutrition values per 100g of product.
EASY NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE
. 👉 Click link in bio for free KETO tools and downloads 😘
👉👉 Follow the Keto Success Community
1 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons low carb sweetener
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8 ounces full fat cream cheese softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup powdered sweetener
6 ounces dark chocolate 90/10
1/2 cup heavy cream
Melt the butter in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl.
Add the almond and coconut flours, stevia, and cocoa powder to the melted butter.
Mix the ingredients together to form a crust.
Spray a 9in. pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and then press the crust into place. Put the crust in your fridge to chill.
In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or using a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix them together until they create a silky, smooth pie filling.
Add the heavy cream and blend the ingredients on medium-high speed until the pie filling thickens and holds a peak.
Pour it into the pie crust and put the pie in the refrigerator for 3 hours to set.
Just before serving the pie, combine the chocolate and heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk them together as the chocolate melts. Cool slightly
Spread or drizzle the chocolate sauce over the dessert just before serving.
Recipe by @lowcarbyum
🐓🐖🍳 Carnivore Dinner Tonight: #leftovers 🐓🐖🍳
Well I still had a leftover meat so why not eat more #chickenbreast & #porkchop with sides of #eggs and #brie 😋 Trust me, tomorrow I will have something different but it’s still delicious ❤️
Check out our podcast and website | Link in Bio: @bigboyketo | 🥩💪🏻🥩 Become an #alphahuman 🥩💪🏻🥩
Sooo happy with this snack. I used Joseph’s Whole Grain flatbread sheets. Coated both sides with Olive Oil, sprinkled on @traderjoes #everythingbutthebagel seasoning, used a pizza cutter to cut them into bite sized cracker shapes. Baked them on 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. They are amazing!!! For the dip, I mixed an entire package of Ranch powder into a tub of sour cream. I mix it carefully right in the sour cream container.
Tagged by these fab ladies @stayinglowcarb and @keto101mom to share 10 things about myself! Here I goooooo!
☀️Born and raised in San Jose, California!
☀️Moved to Vegas 7 years ago to be with my love! We were doing long distance and it just needed to happen!
☀️We have a beautiful 4 year old daughter.
☀️I was a special education teacher for Autism for many years but 4 years ago, took a new role as an autism specialist for the district. Now I help teach teachers different strategies for their students 😀
☀️I am a DOCTOR WHO fanatic! ☀️I ran several half marathons and ran a full marathon. Trying to get back into running. Maybe.
☀️I am 36 years young. I feel like I’m still in my twenties. 💁🏻♀️
☀️Just recently became a homeowner with my boo thang.
☀️I can not live without my planner. It brings me great joy when it’s time to purchase a new one.
☀️Firm believer in positive thinking! Life’s too short, laugh and stay positive!
Tagging @slant_eyed_girl @k3to.krysnica @simplycc_xketo @madecarbsmybitch @islanderketonewbies
So many new followers and friends do I decided to do a little get to know me post 😁
1. I am an only child but have cousins that are like brothers to me.
2. I have my BA in Business Economics and my Master of Public Health degree. I am currently applying for Medical School.
3. I speak 2 languages fluently (English & German) and am proficient in 2 others.
4. I have lived in Southern California my entire life.
5. My favorite color is Tiffany Blue.
6. My favorite animal is a Penguin. I also love horses, puppies, and butterflies.
7. I used to play all the sports (karate, soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, lacrosse, track & field - shotput and discus, dance, gymnastics). 8. One time when I was a little kid my mom took me horseback riding and I thought she bought me the horse. I named it Brownie and was seriously sure that I had my own horse. We laugh about it now. I still have a picture of me on Brownie in a frame in my room 😂
9. I have always wanted to become a doctor to help people.
10. I am a huge music lover and my favorite “hobby” is going to concerts of all genres. I’ve been to 150+ at this point. My all time favorites would have to be Queen, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, JLO, Tim McGraw, *NSYNC, Cher (oh gosh, and so many others... too many to name) 🎶🤘🏽
11. I definitely prefer tea over coffee any day.
12. I’m a huge fan of road trips. One of my favorite parts is stopping off at some super quirky things along the way and you get to experience things you wouldn’t of you just flew.
13. My favorite era of music is the 80s (even though I’m a 90s baby). 14. I have made some real genuine friends through this blog and I am forever grateful for them 💕
15. My happy place is at the beach. Hearing the crash of waves is very peaceful to me.
16. I LOVE Christmas 🎄 It’s my favorite holiday, followed by Thanksgiving 🍗, 4th of July 🇺🇸, and Super Bowl 🏈🤣)
17. I’m a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan 💙⭐️💙
18. I love roses 🌹
Thanks for the tags: @kristy.keto @keto_together @mellifit @amber_lynn_fit
Tell me something cool about you!
Keto Chili Time 😋 I love a hot bowl of chili on a cold day and lately it’s been a little cooler in SoCal 😁 I altered my mom’s amazing Texas Homestyle Chili recipe to make it keto friendly and I think it turned out pretty dang good! 🆕 link in bio 🆕
What is Keto?🤔
.. Ketosis is a metabolic process your body goes through when it uses fat for fuel, instead of glucose from carbs. Your body’s preferred energy source is glucose because it’s fast and readily available, but glucose causes spikes in insulin, causing fat gain, acne, fatigue and even promotes cancer. When your body is starved of glucose, it’s forced to use fat as an energy source. Your brain runs more efficiently on ketones, helping it think clearer and sharper. Your body prefers it y well, as you have sustained energy throughout the day and are able to maintain healthy levels of body fat.
The Keto diet is a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet that enables the body to enter this metabolic process. People find it easier to stick to than other diets because it consists of foods like eggs, meat, fish, cheese, nuts, avocados, oils and vegetables. ...
Depending on how it’s used it can be great for weight loss, endurance performance, weightlifting or just everyday healthy living.
Questions about Keto or want help developing sustainable lifestyle habits for healthy living? DM me❗️