10 Promises to my dogs
1. You will always be my best friend. There will be people who move in with us and share the bed with us. They’ll be a best friend too. But it doesn’t mean you’re replaced.
2. Just as you faithfully watch out for me and bark when people pass by our door, I’ll watch out for you. I’ll make sure you’re safe in the apartment and on the street, that you only swim where there’s no current, and that all the dangerous (but good smelling) food is tucked away from you.
3. I will never leave you at a kennel where no one knows who you are or what your needs are. If I need to leave and you cannot come with me I will make sure a trusted friend or family member will stay with you.
4. I will always snuggle you during thunderstorms when you get scared.
5. Just as you help me feel young by always wanting to play, I will make sure this feeling lasts as long as possible by taking you to the park, the lake, the dog park. As annoyed as I get the 500th time that day you push a tennis ball into my lap while I’m trying to work. I’ll remember that you need to play and make sure we do this a few times a day.
6. If my errand is in the neighborhood, you can ride along with me and stick your head out the window.
7. I will always make room on the couch for you.
8. We can always go on adventures together. I love hiking and that I never have to go alone. You’re always sniffing and running up the path ahead of me, making friends if there’s anyone else doing the same thing we are.
9. You can be the ring bearer at my wedding.
10. I will never replace you with children. If anything I will give you a bunch of new best friends who will adore you, pet you, and play with you until you’re tired for days.
11. I will never go on the boat without you. I know it’s your favorite thing in the world.
12. I won’t laugh at you while you play with your Kong, no matter how funny it is.
13. I love you. And I will NEVER make you watch Marley and Me with me. ~Chrissy Stockton
Perhaps there is no one that can look at you with the love I do. Through no fault of your own, in fact the opposite. Through my abundant, infinite, and unconditional love, I have created a bar that is so high, it’s possibly unattainable. I guess it is just going to be you and I forever my love x #iwillneverleaveyou#iwillneverhurtyou#youareallmyreasons
And I will show you,
You who cannot see,
Places you cannot imagine.
The darkness that frightens you will turn to light.
The rough patches that have tripped you up
In the past will become level ground.
All these things I will do for you.
And I will never leave you.
When you’ve been partying hard and daddy has to carry you home 💕. Rabbit had a meltdown tonight - first one of the holiday so far... (we’ve had little bursts but not a big one) she had upset me a little bit when we were talking in the loo together then when she had finished she didn’t realise I was still in the toilet and completely freaked out thinking I had left her; she ran out to daddy and he was trying to tell her but she couldn’t hear him. Eventually I managed to calm her down and I slept with her last night whispering “I will never leave you” fingers crossed for a calmer rabbit today 🤞🏼#ukadoptioncommunity#adoption#holidays#theyfindthemhard#theymisshome#adoptionuk#luxurytravelwithkids#luxuryfamilytravel#iwillneverleaveyou
THE LESSONS I LEARNED FROM MY DAD
Father's day is just a few days away. I want to take time to recognized that word DAD brings all kind of feelings and memories
Father's day is special to me because few years ago I decided to call my dad and for the first time really tell him "I love you". I have always wanted to hear those word from him but I never did until... I decided to say it first. I waited for something so long without realizing that maybe I should take the first step. After that conversation, he was the first to say that to me. Take the first step instead of waiting for the other person to act. ·
It is interesting how people can live in the same apartment for years but not know each other.
Lesson 2 - the closeness doesn't come from living together but being present and investing in each other. Today be present and invest in people around you. Make meaningful relationships. ·
People can look beautiful from the outside but be completely broken on the inside. From the outside it looked like my dad had it all together, but he did. He struggled with inward battles. Sadly, alcohol was his escape. This escape method hurt people around him, but so many people didn't even have a clue of this. Take care of your inward before worrying about the outward. Look inwardly. ·
Beautiful things can come out of troubling places. Though some crazy nights and my dad's alcoholism I learned that I can find peace in the mist of all the trouble though prayer. I knew that God listened and was there to protect me. I learned that my Heavenly father can be trusted fully and He will never quit on me. I learned the truth about this verse - "Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close."
/Psalms 27:10/ "For those who love God, all things work for good". They do.
Reminder - God is a caring God who will be your Father. He often puts father figures in our lives. He did that for me. So thank you, dear men, who are Godly father figures. And dear young men - take care of your inward, surrender to God and follow Him, so in the future you can be a father who loves his wife and kids in godly ways. ❤ /In memory of my dad/
god in my living
there in my breathing
god in my waking
god in my sleeping
god in my resting
there in my working
god in my thinking
god in my speaking
god in my hoping
there in my dreaming
god in my watching
god in my waiting
god in my laughing
there in my weeping
god in my hurting
god in my healing
christ in me the hope of glory