Newsflash pt. 2: NO ONE owes you anything! Not your teachers, not your friends, not the universe. If you feel there’s something you deserve, something lacking in your life, then get up and get it. Don’t just wait for someone else to hand it to you and then get pissed when that doesn’t happen. If at the end of the day you feel disappointed, it’s nobody’s fault but yours. Own up to the fact that you’re leaving your fate in the hands of others. It’s not fair to them or to you. Make decisions, take control, feel empowered.
Let your decisions be the results of conscious choices, not settling for what is convenient. ✨
I’m gradually replacing all of my products with natural alternatives, starting with the ones I used most- like my yoga mat! I got rid of my old PVC yoga mats, which contain chemical that are harmful to ourselves and the environment. I love the @joiyogi mat because It’s 100% Natural Tree Rubber (and it’s recycled 🙌💗) How healthy is your mat? Use my code NWOY for 20% off at joiyogi.com 💫
Mindfulness... what is it? & how can we benefit from it? 🌸✨
Mindfulness is the act of drawing the mind’s focus to the present moment.
Mindfulness benefits us in so many ways including:
🌸enchancing mental functioning
🌸finding emotional stability
🌸& most importantly helping us strengthen connections with the ones we love & ourselves.
By being mindful we are being here now. Soaking up the present moment, watching your littles as they play & taking in all of their details. Listening to your partner, & really hearing them express their emotions. & most importantly connecting within. Listening & following your intuition. 🌱💖
How can you practice mindfulness? ~ meditation, positive affirmations, yoga Nidra, bathing, hiking, & listening to others speak, journaling, while you eat, while you wash your face & many more ✨
Come learn how to handstand!! 🙃 Many of you have asked for tips & tricks on inversions, so I’m teaching a workshop October 20th at @modern_yoga_scottsdale! ALL LEVELS WELCOME 👏🏼👏🏼 We will talk fundamentals of handstanding and practice techniques you can do right in Flow class! 😁
Sign up: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/asp/main_enroll.asp?fl=true&tabID=8
It will be FUN! 🤗💙
me: works out for a month. sees definition in arms. quits working out.
also me: drinks 10 glasses of water for 5 days. notices stretch marks fading. stops drinking water.
It’s like I throw in the towel the second I spot a change. A month later I get down on myself for having quit in the first place.
I have an extensive list in my head of things I want to do every day to be the best version of me.
Thinking of the list gives me anxiety. Ironically, the goal of most of the tasks on my list are to reduce anxiety.
I seem to have an all or nothing mentality when it comes to changes I want to make in my life. If I don’t start the week off working out, then by Wednesday I’ve decided that it’s not worth it.
If I don’t start off the day drinking water then apparently my brain thinks I won’t be able to make it to glass ten, so I shouldn’t even have one (I didn’t have even one glass of water yesterday🤦🏻♀️).
So, baby steps. I’m ranking my list and starting with my top 5.
1. Practice daily - I’m close to daily. This is a battle I’ve had with myself for years. The question I keep coming back to is “what defines my practice?” and I still don’t have a solid answer. I know for a fact I feel better after 10 minutes of yoga, so I’m starting there and vowing for just 10 minutes on my mat.
2. Meditate - actually, I don’t love that word. Sit. I vow to sit in stillness for 5 minutes daily.
3. Drink water - 5 glasses daily.
4. Abhyasa - I’ve been working my way back through old recordings with my teacher. Still have about 100 to go. Vowing 5 per week.
5. Train - Because my badass friend @emilyekelly and I are signing up for the Spartan Run and I don’t want to just complete it, I want to feel like warrior women as we cross that finish line 💪 . Each of these have improved my life on separate occasions, but I’ve never managed to get them all going at the same time. It seems one always trumps another. If just one can make a noticeable difference to my mental and physical health, I’m curious how much of an impact the five of them together can make. . As always, the goal is to become more present with my Self so that I can become more present with those around me 🧡
A few changes this weekend for our yoga schedule as Kellie is away on intensive with senior teacher Caroline Coggins and we have a Saturday workshop:
Friday 930am All levels with Sophie
& 4pm Level 1 with Kelly
Saturday 730am All levels with Kelly & 930am Inversion workshop with Kelly
Sunday 4pm All levels with Kelly!
Excited for this one!!! #Repost @molly_pooler_yoga with @get_repost
New Challenge Alert!!
#HandsDownHeartUp || 9/23 - 10/2
Please join us from September 23 through October 2 for 10 days of inversions and heart openers! This challenge is for ALL LEVELS as we will work our way through more challenging postures and encourage you to modify, use props, and get creative!! .
To join us, please:
1️⃣ Repost this flyer and tag some friends to join!
2️⃣ Follow and tag all hosts and sponsors.
3️⃣ Post each day with the hashtag #HandsDownHeartUp - make sure your profile is set to public so we can all see your lovely posts
4️⃣ Encourage other participants and share the love!
Day 1 - Down Dog
Day 2 - Standing Forward Fold
Day 3 - Puppy Pose
Day 4 - Standing Split
Day 5 - Wild Thing
Day 6 - Headstand
Day 7 - Camel
Day 8 - Forearm Stand/Dolphin
Day 9 - Wheel
Day 10 - Handstand
I'm currently working on doing handstands facing away from the wall. Facing the wall is my comfort zone so I have to break away from that.
A wise friend once said to me (@dwillya2 ), "if you're not falling, you're not trying". 😂😂😂 When people ask me about inversions the first thing I say to them is, "you cant be afraid to fall because you WILL fall......A LOT." Falling is apart of learning. 😁 swipe 👈🏾 This one is for you @shopmodstudio
#tbt to training with the fitness ball. Nearly one year later, I’m going back to do them again daily, this time at the gym (I no longer have a dedicated yoga room in our new apartment and the fitness ball was taking too much space). Swipe to see a simple drawing of moi by moi 🤸🏻♀️ #handstandjourney#fitnessball#tbthursday
Upright citizens, take heed 🙃! Flipping your world upside down is one of Thee Juiciest anti-aging tricks around. The weight of gravity is reversed, which relaxes and rejuvenates your sweet bod (and nerves). Sirsasana, the king 👑 of yoga poses, has even more benefits, esp for the mind, BUT we know it might be intimidating at first. So here’s good news: 👉🏼One, our teachers know how to prep you and guide you safely when ready. Level 1 classes are prep, level 2, you learn to safely move into it. 👉🏼Two, all inversions have huge benefits, not just the fancy ones!
Some benefits of inversions:
- helps balance the endocrine system
- naturally gives mental clarity and focus
- decompressed the spinal discs
- releases intervertebral muscles and allows spinal nerves to glow more freely
- increases lymph drainage - improves circulation to the upper lives of the lungs and brain 🧠