Questione di equilibrio 🤸
Sono passata davanti a questo "coso" mentre correvo, fatto da qualcuno molto annoiato probabilmente 😁
Però mi ha fatto riflettere... Quante volte gli sarà caduta la costruzione prima di trovare il giusto equilibrio?
Mi sono rivista molto nel processo di "costruzione"... Quante volte credevo di averlo trovato e poi boom...tutto crollava di nuovo? Quante volte chi mi sta intorno senza accorgersene fa vacillare le mie certezze?
Ma è semplice... L'equilibrio si trova soltanto fra un'oscillazione e l'altra, non stando fermi.
Early morning flow on the gang plank! Yoga on a boat had been interesting at times. Definitely been building some stabilizers over the last week. This was super fun though. The standing poses have been the biggest challenge... sometimes a little instability can do wonders to help us grow. 🙏🏽💖 Thanks for the challenge @mmmel_price , this was a practice I won’t soon forget. 🧘🏽♂️🧜🏽♂️😂
The 2019 consensus statement is out with recommendations from the International Ankle Consortium. See our earlier posts for more information on CAI and exercise advise. These are also great points to discuss with your physiotherapist about your own management!
Important points to consider from the statement:
1) Mechanism of injury - provides important information on the likelihood of the type of injury sustained. Remember the mechanism of injury for ankle syndesmosis ligament injury is external rotation of the foot, talus eversion and excessive dorsiflexion.
2) History of previous injury. As previously mentioned in earlier posts there is an increased probability of future lateral ankle sprains due to mechanical and sensorimotor impairments after injury. Which is why this is so important to work on!
3) Weight-bearing status as apart of the Ottawa Ankle rules. An inability to weight-bear 4 steps immediately after an ankle injury can alert clinicians to the possibility of fracture. There is high sensitivity when combined with a clinical assessment of the ‘malleolar zone’ (the bony areas on the inside/ outside of your ankle).
4) Static postural balance can be assessed by the balance error scoring system and foot lift test. Whereas dynamic balance can be assessed by the star excursion balance test. These tests can provide information on the defects in proprioception of the ankle. These tests provide us physio’s the ability to track your process or if your doing your homework! 😊
5) Patient-reported outcome measures should be apart of the clinical assessment. Consider using the Foot and Ankle Disability Index or the Foot and Ankle Ability Measurement to measure subjective change over time.
Delahunt, E., et al. (2018). "Clinical assessment of acute lateral ankle sprain injuries (ROAST): 2019 consensus statement and recommendations of the International Ankle Consortium." Br J Sports Med.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ #ankle#balance#physiotherapy#strengthening#running#justdoit#taping#assessment#gait#nike#chronicankleinstability#instability#gym#workout#fitness#mskrehab#rehabilitation#movement#exercise