@justacard day 2. Not really sure if I've understood the concept of this, but here's the #justacard logo along with a couple of #dorisdoo made items.
It's tough to be an indie maker, when sales are slow you take it personally and when you do finally make a sale, it puts you on cloud 9. There's so much self doubt that comes along with selling something you have created. Having @justacard supporting and promoting the little people is like a big brother keeping an eye on you. Having someone shout about what else is available for the customer, that they have one of a kind options out there, that there is more than just mainstream high Street shops.
I'm not great at social media, I only really do it for Doris Doo and I don't think I shout loud enough about what I do. Maybe I should start!! #independantmaker#shoplocal#makers#supportinghandmade#notjustacard#shopindependantthischristmas#handmade
A bit late on but here goes. I'm taking part in the @justacard #justacardindieweek#independantmaker#smallbusinessowner#independantshop campaign.My name is Jaydee and I make and design fine and sterling silver jewellery. Day 1 was to write 10 things about me.
1)I come from Cape Town, South Africa and have lived in the UK for 14 years. Cape Town is still the most beautiful place to me and my favourite place to holiday.
2)I'm married to a fellow geek ( Dr M) and have 2 children, 1 Mean Little Cat, 2 chickens, 1 duck who thinks it's a dog and 2 guinea pigs called Zeus and Thor.
3)I have a degree in Nuclear Medicine but left the field to be with my kids. I currently work as a Science Technician.
4)At school I wanted to study Performing Arts but my parents said I wouldn't make any money at it.
5)I am a tattoo addict. 13 and counting(sorry Mummy and Daddy!)
6)I'm 4ft 10 at my tallest🙈.
7)I can crochet a baby blanket in a week!
8)I twerk while I work (Science can be boring 🤣)
9) My nickname is Tiny Temper🤣🤣
10)I know the words to every Tupac song and my mother always hoped I knew my schoolwork like I knew that "devil music". Check back tomorrow for more😘.
@justacard - INDIE WEEK. 5 day instagram challenge.
Day 1 - You
Hi everyone, this is me. I’m Jen. I’m an independent maker and I own “in pan’s garden” jewellery. I work in silver clay and gemstones and I sell locally and on Etsy.
Here are 10 things you may or may not know about me.
1. I’m 43 (going on 21) and I live with my partner of 21 years and our 2 kids, a daughter, 8.5 and a son, nearly 5.
2. I’m very disorganised and I get distracted really...ooh look squirrels!
3. I have a younger brother.
4. I love rock climbing. I’ve been doing it since my 20s and although I can’t go as much as I used to, I do try.
5. I’m a huge Jason Statham fan. His films may not always be all that great but that’s not always a problem 😉
6. I also love Kung fu movies and I once rented a Japanese zombie film for Xmas day (pre kids of course)
7. I love most types of music as long as it’s not mainstream pop. One of my fav bands is fleetwood mac.
8. I think I would have been quite happy in the 60s.
9. I do tai chi, read tarot and I’ve just passed my reiki 1.
10. My career till my kids were born was as a model maker. I’ve worked in theatre, architecture, museums and film. I was part of the team that built Hogwarts for the first Harry Potter movie 👓⚡️ Nice to meet you.
Thank you to @justacard for running this challenge and championing small businesses and independent makers. I fully support #shopsmall and I want to thank everyone who supports me.
It's Day 1 of the amazing @justacard Indie week to encourage us to support independant shops and makers so here are my 10 facts about me!
1. I'm a hand embroidery artist.
2. I love colour.
3. I live down a lane in rural Sussex.
4. My children and family inspire and support me EVERY day.
5. I have been self employed for over 20 years with a few part time 'normal' jobs thrown in!
6. I used to teach art and craft to all ages and abilities and teach teachers on Inset days at schools.
7. I miss teaching so may do it again some time.😀
8. I adore coffee and I don't like fruit.
9. I call myself The Accidental Stitcher because I never thought I would specialise in hand embroidery.
10. I will promise to try and buy the majority of my Christmas presents from small independent shops and makers.
My maritime-inspired Christmas cards are back.
Some old favourites, one completely new design and some tweaked a little for 2018.
• Star of Wonder
• I have a boat
• O Christmas Tree
• May St Nicholas hold the tiller
• Silent Night
• A Wintery Sail
Printed on high quality matt card stock with a warm nostalgic feel.
Link to shop in profile.
Discounts available for bulk orders while stocks last.
Go on... spread some boaty joy this year! They’re blank inside and good for everyone - not just for sailors!
Buying from a small maker is definitely a unique experience. I am at a stage that when some fantastic person buys from me I feel like they are doing me a present and I am just reciprocating! So I pour all my heart and attention to make my contribution unique and beautiful. I hope they will really love it! For Christmas, think about us, small businesses, the presents will have so much meaning. You can find Matachushop items at @thehackneymadecollective alongside a range of handmade goods created by the more than special following ladies
@axelleyoungstudio , @elliesheirlooms , @claryandpeg , @transiencestudio , @cultofyouth , @_ruddock_ @nadien_klages @soothemeskincare , @les.petits.felix , @roomamakes , @routine_for_kids and more...
We are thrilled to bits that @joannaclairmccabe is supplying us with a selection of her fantastic jewellery for @coastal.makers 2018! Joanna uses silver and vintage buttons to create these lovelies, we will be stocking earrings and pin brooches as well as necklaces, so excited!