ONLY TWO MORE DAYS of our delicious Texas State Fair Cocktail Menu!! 🎡 Come in and try these incredible concoctions before they go away! We have all of your favorites like the Fried Oreo Fizz, Corn Dog Cocktail, Fried Elvis Flip and the Lemon Chill! Drink your experience with us! #dallas#texasstatefair#cocktails#bartender
“Captain Hook” 🐊 Spiced Rum // Sweetened Green Tea // Unfiltered Aloe Juice // Lemon // Thai Bitters // Edible Green Glitter // (Stopwatch Chain Garnish optional) 🐊 Never smile at a crocodile, especially after sucking down one of these! Of course we needed a rum base if we’re talking about swashbucking evil pirate. I was inspired by the green of the crocodile, and found the overall look (and shimmer) to be very Peter Pan-y. I also found my late grandfather’s pocket watch, which Captain Hook notoriously references every time the crocodile swims his way, and knew I’d found the perfect accent! 🐊
Game day baby!!! We’re getting the champagne toast ready a little early as we watch our Spartans pull off the upset over big blue. Underdogs... as always 🐕
This ones brought to you by @moodymixologist 🍹
M a t c h a C h a m p a g n e
1/4 - 1/2 tsp matcha green tea, to taste
Top with champagne 🍾🥂
Comment a green heart below if you’re rooting for #Sparty 💚💚💚
Happy #ShrubSaturday ! Here is a tasty seasonal, spirit-free drink using some of our favorite fall flavors.
• 2 oz fresh beet juice
• 1 oz Chai Pear #elementshrub
• 1/2 oz fresh ginger syrup
• Smoked rosemary
Add the first three ingredients to a shaker with ice. Light a sprig of rosemary on fire and rub the inside of your glass with it. Leave the rosemary in the glass. Shake until chilled and pour over new ice. Discard the rosemary.
This one is really well balanced. The beets give it some earthiness, you get a little heat from the ginger, and you get a little sweet ➕ all your favorite warm spices from the Chai Pear Shrub.
Taking a brief break from cocktails, I wanted to talk about glassware and give you a little info on the styles I usually use.
1. The classic V cocktail glass. It's iconic, and it's awful. I love the look of it too, but it takes almost no effort to spill your drink on your shoes. For that reason I only use it for very small volume cocktails.
2. A better option than the V glass is the Nick & Nora. Tulip shaped and incredibly elegant, they have a real classic feel to them much like the V glass, but are much more practical.
3. The Coupe is another classic originally intended for champagne. It makes a terrible vessel for anything bubbly because the large exposed surface area let's the bubbles escape too quickly. As a cocktail glass though, it's fantastic!
4. Rocks glass, Old Fashioned glass, whiskey tumbler... Whatever you call it, it's essentially a low, wide glass typically used to serve drinks on ice. You'll often see these with the designations "SOF" or "DOF" which indicates the relative size of the glass; Single Old Fashioned or Double Old Fashioned. I prefer SOF's because typically you end up with a fuller glass and I find that more visually appealing.
5. A High Ball or Collins Glass is a tall glass usually used to serve long drinks. G&T's, Americanos, Vodka Lime and Sodas (pick a better drink) are usually served in a glass of this style.
6. All that said there are more shapes and style and varieties of glassware out there in the wild than could ever be counted. If I'm going by a thrift store / op-shop I'll usually pop my head it and make a beeline to their glassware. You can really find some amazing pieces if you do a little bit of searching.
Now go and fill your glass with a delicious cocktail!
Have you seen @ballantines limited edition bottles yet? 🧡
Felipe Pantone, an Argentinian-Spanish graffiti and street artist, has created three artworks for this year’s True Music Series limited edition gift packaging for Ballantine’s Finest and Ballantine’s 12 Year Old, which are all available around the world this autumn. 💜
His work fuses bold graphics, strong contrasts and vivid colours with mixed typography to create ultra-modern art that often brings music to life. 🎶
Do you like Ballantine’s blended scotch? 🥃
Blood and Sand~ scotch and orange with all house made cherry liqueur & vermouth. One of @christiaanrollich ’s Artisanal Classics on the menu for tonight’s #ChristiaanBar 🥃🍹6-closing in the Larder! #tavern#brentwood
insert a bad joke about the cup being half full 😂
здесь шутка про «мне полстаканчика» и «стакан наполовину полон»😬😂 я сейчас не найду наверное тот самый пост, но за идею и вдохновение спасибо @julicosmo 💛 очень хотелось превратить ее в синемаграф, и вот, спустя года два😄
I’m going on an exciting reconnaissance mission today 😁 - new post up tomorrow. Until then - reminiscing about this delightful number.
Rye | @hinecognacs Cognac | and @thebigoliqueur Ginger Liqueur. Delicious.
Big shout out to the wonderful team from @thenedlondon for bringing to life their own twists, variations and reimaginations of the classic Old Fashioned. .
Old Fashioned Week is just around the corner, so come and try @real.danielone’s Kentucky Derby Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned twist from 1-10 November at The Ned. He was inspired by the Mint Julep, the Old Fashioned, with a bit of French aperitif thrown in for good measure. Tasty AF!
Thank you to the much more knowledgable judges @max.ostwald and @dominicwhisson, couldn’t have done it without you 😉
End the week on a sweet note with the Lost and Found cocktail, a twist on the Artist’s Special from the Rue Pigalle jazz club. Blended malt scotch whisky, sweet & dry sherries, chocolate bitters, citrus, raspberry. #atlasbarsg
The Gin To My Tonic are delighted to announce that our flagship show will be visiting not ONE but THREE locations in 2019! Playing host to over 50 premium gin and tonic brands it’s a real celebration of gin. The show provides a rare opportunity for you to meet-the-makers behind over 50 premium gin and tonic brands, enabling you to learn more about everybody’s favourite juniper based tipple.
From the bottom of our hearts we can’t thank you enough for joining us on our gin journey! Your support means the world to us.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Glasgow 15th-17th March, SEC Centre
- Cardiff 5th-6th July, Motorpoint Arena
- Liverpool 6th-8th September, Exhibition Centre
One of my favorite cocktails from my Singapore bar hop adventure last month! The Milo Old Fashioned cocktail from @ahsamcolddrinkstall. A childhood favorite drink Milo, a chocolate malt drink, perfectly infused with bourbon creates a boozy nostalgia tipple! A must try for all you southeast Asians, don’t forget to put this drink on your must-try cocktails!
@whiskylivesingapore @timeoutsg @singaporebars @rahkontur @the.revelry.1 @danielgoh @thedrinkhunter @spiritedsg
Happy Vietnamese Women’s Day!
You deserve to be happy today, so enjoy your full day to the fullest.
Phụ nữ là để được yêu!
Nhân ngày Phụ Nữ Việt Nam 20/10, ChinChin Bar sẽ có những phần quà xinh xắn cho tất cả các chị, em phụ nữ. Chúc mọi người có một ngày vui và Y nghĩa.
HAPPY VIETNAMESE WOMEN’S DAY 20/10, WISHING YOU A DAY AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU ARE!
Please join us from 5PM, there will be flowers 💐 and chocolates 🍫 for your special day!
Today, 20-10 is Vietnamese Women's Day, a special day for women in Vietnam. 20/10/1930, the Women's Vietnam against imperialism (now renamed as The Vietnam Women's Union) was officially established, to mark the event, the Communist Party of Vietnam has decided to October 20 each year as the traditional day of this organization, and also whether this is the anniversary and honor the women of Vietnam, took the name "Vietnamese Women's Day".
Since Vietnam Women’s day was first celebrated in 1930, it has been an occasion for men to express their love for women. It is also seen as an important reminder of women’s role in the society in which we criticize the issue of gender inequality, sexual violence, discrimination or sexual harassment.
HAPPY HOUR FROM 5-8PM EVERYDAY -50% cocktails
-30% wine by glass -20% bottles
75 Ho Tung Mau, D1, HCMC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We’re getting into the Halloween spirit with a cocktail from @mccretreat’s Beetlejuice-themed (!!!!) October menu. This Is My Art, and It’s Dangerous - scarlet ibis rum, house made pie spice liquor, apple cider, served hot 🎃 👻 🐍