I’m joining in with @justacard this week to help spread the #justacard message; to support independent artists, makers, galleries and shops. Today’s prompt is ‘you’ so this is me in my favoured environment - the forest and here are 10 facts about me! I urge you to follow @justacard and click the hashtag, you’ll find so many amazing creative people that need your support. 💛 Tell me something about yourself in the comments!
1. My name’s Claire and I’m an artist currently making drawings inspired by nature and landscape. I’ve been making art full time (self-employed) for the last 16 months, it’s been incredibly hard financially but amazing to work for myself.
2. I have both a BA degree and MA degree in Fine Art. Funnily enough I failed AS Level Fine Art because all my coursework went missing when the art building relocated. Luckily it didn’t put me off studying art further!
3. An inspiring college trip to New York set me down the Fine Art path. My favourite art work is the water lily triptych by Monet in the MoMA.
4. I’ve been backpacking twice and have visited over 50 countries in my life. I still have a huge list of places I want to visit including Canada, Japan, more of Scandinavia and to do a road trip along the west coast of the United States.
5. I’ve never had a permanent job, ever! I funded all my travels as well as my MA degree myself by working as a temp in various office roles and saving incredibly hard.
6. My partner and I have been together for 12 years and are currently in the (hellish) process of buying our first home together.
7. Hopefully we will get the keys soon because we are also expecting our first baby! Our little one is due in January.
8. I’m one of those INFJ personality types, supposedly it’s the rarest type but I know quite a few artist friends who are INFJ too. Let me know what your personality type is!
9. Some things I like: dogs, chocolate, kindness, nature, floral patterns, Harry Potter, autumn.
10. Some things I dislike: rudeness, mushrooms, crowds, spiders, really hot/humid weather.
You can take anything and make an artwork out of it. Like some really creative people did at my campus. 😎
So in the same way if we keep working on ourselves we can become great artworks of our own.
The snowmen (& snowwomen) were made with dead leaves that would have been thrown away but instead the leaves were used to create something beautiful. We too, if we work on ourselves diligently we can turn our not so beautiful character traits in to something beautiful. 🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂