This is us. We live in what most people would consider a small home, and at times we look at big houses trying to imagine a life in that. But without fail, each time we do, we end up going to bed that same night appreciating our place. It is ours and it is super comfortable. It is the kids home, and it holds so many fond memories. #mysphereofinfluence
What makes me happy? Sleep. Sleep says the mother of a teething baby. I thought I appreciated my sleep before children, and I think I did for what my non-maternal self could comprehend. But man, I miss it now.
This is not my bedroom. If it was I probably would not be productive as I wouldn’t get out of bed! @woodworksandinteriors has done a phenomenal job of capturing a view in a room that I would love to wake up in every morning! You can work from your bed, right? Oh yeah, I can work from anywhere...
I think we forget how scary change can be sometimes. A change in our routines, our jobs, where we live and who we are. I think larger than that, is fear itself. Fearing we might not be the same person we were back then or fearing that something might not be good enough. Life is crazy like that, full of transitions and cliff hangers. How will we ever know something unless we break from the norm? How will we as human beings learn and grow?
This past weekend I spent time moving my grandmother into her new house my parents built for her on their property. It got me to thinking about change and life itself. How life truly is this rollercoaster of change, transformation and reflection. There are always two ways to look at things; in a new light or in the old but it always comes down to choice. We choose how we want to see change. Do we embrace it as part of our experience or do we let our fear take control?
Things will never remain the same. Your situations, your relationships even you yourself. You were not the same person you were yesterday and I hope you don’t intend to be. We are always growing and evolving. Remember that fear tricks us into living a boring life. Yes, change is scary but there is so much more waiting for you on the other side of fear. No matter the situation you are in, embrace newness and it will embrace you right back.
As much as I love running away to a new city with my babies, I can appreciate that my home has just as much to explore. I’ve lived outside of Raleigh since elementary school and it changes more and more every year. If you haven’t visited my beautiful city yet, you really must add it to your list! Here are some of my favorite things about Raleigh, NC:
1. There is no shortage of fun restaurants that cure any craving like @thepitbbq, @tavernaagora, @irregardlessnc, @armadillogrill, and @bukuraleigh for starters!
2. The craft beer scene is on point with places like @ralbeergarden, @cloudsbrewing, and @raleightimesbar! And that’s only three of the many, many bars and breweries Raleigh has to offer.
3. We’re centrally located so we can easily drive to both the beach and the mountains.
4. We are a Mecca for the pharmaceutical industry which means plenty of high-paying jobs with great benefits.
5. We believe in loving thy neighbor - whether black, white, Hispanic, gay, straight, bisexual, etc. There is so much respect for all.
6. We have southern charm and there’s always a door to be held open.
7. We may not have @wawa but there’s a @sheetz on practically every corner.
8. @flyrdu is the perfect size for an airport and has great deals for both domestic and international flights without dealing with the headache of an airport as large as CLT. Bonus: we are a @southwestair hub!
9. There are so many free things to do for kids and adults. My son loves to spend a rainy day at the museum of natural sciences!
10. It’s a great place to raise a family with friendly and safe neighborhoods, great schools, and tons of activities from falls lake to @marblesraleigh to plenty of parks! -
There’s something here for everyone :)
What’s your favorite thing about Raleigh?!
Free campsites are the best! @thewanderingbanana hasn't paid for a site yet and has stayed at some pretty amazing spots! Having a 4x4 rig vs a typical 2 wheel drive van or rv has its advantages. All our Suburban conversions come standard with 4 wheel drive, moderate suspension lift, and new 8 or 10 ply tires. Is having 4 wheel drive a must with your adventure rig? Let us know what you think. 👍
Life is deliciously slow.
Nourishing the body with juicy fruits, spicy soups, and coconuts. Walks through the back streets that smell of freshly cooked rice and burning incense. Afternoons of tea and coloring books. Ecstatic dancing at the yoga barn, in our garden, before bed and upon waking. Stealing hearts with baby laughs and essence.
Caressing the hundreds of stone figures we encounter. Falling asleep to mama’s audio books and the sounds of the tropical forest right outside our door.
Little moments that give the greatest joys.