Hello! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to my great followers and to anyone who may be new to this page. My name is Wes Holmes, I'm the owner of W. Holmes Custom Interiors. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the beautiful summer weather. Here's a little more info about the company and what we strive to achieve while helping you build the home of your dreams:
At W. Holmes Custom Interiors we understand that choosing a contractor is no easy undertaking. We strive to simplify this process for you by ensuring that everything from the planning and decision making process right through to the construction stage go as smoothly and seamlessly as possible.
We understand that renovations may be stressful, however, using our expertise and knowledge allows us to take a very personal approach to ensure our clients feel as little impact to their lifestyles as possible, while we make their dreams a reality.
From minor cosmetic updates to major home modifications your project and your investment will be treated as if it is our own.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we pride ourselves on providing top quality services at competitive prices.
Today’s first topic of discussion is “cheater plugs.” These are utilized to plug 3 prong plugs into 2 prong (ungrounded) outlets. Not only does this create a major shock hazard, but often times these cheap adapters are undersized for an average 20 amp circuit. This can be a lethal combination when the adapter overheats and does not trip the breaker. This can easily cause a fire in your home. Do yourself a favor and throw these adapters in the trash. The money spent on properly converting your electrical outlets is well worth it. Stay Safe!
I know you have all been patiently awaiting my Safety Tip of the Day. Well here it is. When making your basement into a finished space, avoid enclosing your chimney with flammable materials. This can easily translate into a fire in your home. Stay Safe! #meleinspections#homeinspector
When installing any secondary heating devices in your home, such as a pellet stove, it is crucial that you have it done CORRECTLY and safely. This pellet stove was piped in to the existing chimney flu. When fired, this units exhaust fan was blowing smoke and CO through the existing boiler and water heater chimneys and into the house. This is something that can be fatal to you and your family. It can be avoided if the job is done right. #meleinspections#homeinspector#makeitright
Extension cords are meant to be used temporarily and should never become a permanent part of your electrical system. This contractor wired an extension cord into a broken outlet. The cord was then run through a wall to power appliances in the house. NEVER let anyone do this in your home! #meleinspections#makeitright#holmesandholmes
Exposed wires are a major safety and fire hazard. If you see things like this in your home you should call a licensed electrician to repair them IMMEDIATELY. Stay Safe! #meleinspections#safehome#makeitright
Here you can see a gas meter and main shutoff valve buried in the back of a storage shed. Although it might be a good idea to cover up this eye sore, it is a bad idea to store items in the same area. This is something that you want to have immediate access to in the event of an emergency. #makeitright
Here is something that is pretty common. Plastic vent hose is not intended for use on a clothes dryer. These plastic hoses tend to fail when exposed to the high heat put out from one. The result can lead to health and/or fire hazards. If you notice this on your dryer take the time to have it replaced with a proper vent. Just a simple tip that can help keep you and your home safe. #makeitright#holmesandholmes
Safety tip of the day: If you notice screws like these holding your panel cover on, take the time to replace them with proper ones. Screws with a point can pierce through wires in your panel and create a serious electrical hazard. This could lead to electrocution and/or a fire. Stay Safe! #makeitright
Safety Tip of the Day: Make sure that you know where your emergency shut-off switch for your boiler is and make sure you have it clearly labeled. Camouflaging this switch can not only lead to somebody inadvertently turning off your heat and hot water, but can also be very dangerous in the event of a fire. Stay Safe!
My fledglings are leaving the nest and as of Sept. 1st I will have two available rooms to rent. I designed it as a 1950s farmyard/industrial/airport themed half duplex.
Since the going rate in Southpointe, Fort Saskatchewan is $600/month utilities included, I also offer a $500/month student discount because not long ago I was a poorly dressed skirt-chaser who lived off of cheap vodka and protein powder. Despite being a yappy loser I was highly opinionated. Overconfidence thy name is testosterone.
Anyways, pets are negotiable. Any pet can fucking stink depending on what it is. So, yeah. Negotiable.
It's all stainless steel shared kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathroom, fully furnished, laundry, two gyms close by to get jacked, any store you need within 30 second drive, Edo Japan, walking trails, close to the Trans Canada highway and Edmonton. Also, this summer I'll be building a Trump fence to keep out any illegal immigrants. A big, powerful, beautiful fence. Just fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
I, the King of the Castle, chose a line of work (hooking) that sends me randomly outta town. I want someone who's clean/trustworthy and can defend the stronghold while I'm gone.
Message me if you're interested.
The bro you know,
DS *Anyone who thinks they're funny by quoting movies, takes open mouth fake excitement selfies or does awful borat impressions will be evicted*
Dolce Vita Homes and Mike Homes - can’t get much better than that!! Partnering with Holmes on Homes #dolcevita gives homebuyers the peace of mind that their house is built to the #holmesonhomes standards!! Stop their show home in #greenbury and check out for yourself what sets them apart from the rest!! 🏡😎@dolcevitahomesgreenbury @mikeholmesjr