Peach Preserves "Pop Tarts"
So this happened this morning, and nobody is mad about it!
This came together because, I normally get up at 4:30am to .ale my husband's breakfast before he leaves to work at 5... BUUUUUUT he's been leaving the house at 4!!!... And we'll that's where I draw the line. I just can't 🤦 so I wanted to have something he can just grab and go and enjoy with his coffee during his drive to work. This was pretty quick to put together because I used a pre made pie crust, you can certainly make your own. I will be posting my go to pie crust recipe later this week, but for this I went with EASY. (Did I mention I have a toddler?) You can also use a different preserve filling, I used peach because it's what hubs likes.. someone tell him he's a lucky man 😉
You will need:
2 Pre made pie crus dough, or your favorite pie crust recipe
3 Tblsp milk, divided
1 c powdered sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350° F
Spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Roll out the dough and cut out even rounds. You should get about 8 using a biscuit cutter or a 2 1/2 in round cookie cutter.
Fill half of the rounds with the preserve, about 2 Tblsp each. Top them with the remaining rounds, and with a fork pinch down around the dough to prevent the Preserves from spilling out. With your fork poke the top of the dough to allow the heat to escape when baking.
Whisk together the egg, and 1 Tblsp of milk to make a egg wash. Brush each of your pies with the egg wash, this will give you a shiny golden crust.
Bake for 20min or until golden brown.
While your pies are baking whisk together the sugar, the remaining 2 Tblsp of milk, and the cinnamon.
Once your pies are done baking and have completely cooled, top them with your sugar glaze.
Made some apple hand pies the other day.
Granny Smith Apple, jalapeño powder, clementine zest, brown sugar, and cider.
Wrapped in the flakiest crust and fried. Dusted in turbinado and dehydrated apple skin powder.
I wanted to fry them in duck fat but had none available.
Bring home the #1 Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving! Thanks to @PS32Brooklyn and all the fellow pie-makers at the Gowanus Pie Social! @thebluestove @poppysbrooklyn @drunkbakers @buttermilkbakeshopny @koskaffe @miasbakerybk @missamericanpienyc @peteespie @traderjoes 🥧 #ps32pie
Our #Thanksgiving Menu is finally here!🦃🍂🍁🍽️ This year we will be offering a few different baked goods that would be a delicious addition to your holiday party!
Check out all the details on our Facebook page!❤️
Apples...cinnamon...nutmeg...the classic scent and sign that the holiday season has begun. Plus, when the weather starts to get colder, it makes us want to layer up and bake all the things. Hurray!
So, for those of us that want pie, but a full blown pie experience is going to have to wait for the weekend...why not whip up quick and easy apple pie that can be enjoyed easily on-the-go, or whenever...wherever!? Cinnamon Apple Hand Pies, anyone? That's what we thought! Yes, please! 🙋🏼♀️🥧🍎🍏 These perfectly sized and crazy delicious hand pies are a holiday crowd pleaser. They only take an hour or so to make (not all day...yay!). Plus, they are the perfect size to enjoy without worrying about over indulging (even though we easily, and definitely, enjoyed 2 or 3 of them ). They are seriously so good! 🥧😋👩🏼🍳 #cookiesandcalligraphy#handpies#cinnamonapple#pie#holidays#warm#tasty#baking
First time making apple or pork hand pies, and they were great! I love having a bunch in the freezer to bake whenever I want (like homemade hot pockets). It was also my first time making pulled pork and I think that’s definitely happening again. Recipe for the pork from @thebrowneyedbaker, for the apples from @sallysbakeblog, and the pie dough I used was @marthastewart’s pâté brissé. I should’ve rolled the dough thinner, but otherwise would make again! #cookingfrommycookbooks#handpies#lotr
Salted Caramel Apple Handpies, I even love how these guys look before the oven!
Reminder that this is the last week to place your Thanksgiving order we end pre-orders on Sunday. The list of pies and cakes is on our website www.rosesdurham.com
These little guys are my 4” pies, and they are such a hit for parties. I also do 5” pies, and the size you’re used to are my 6” ones. Thanksgiving hand pie ordering closes tomorrow, so get yours in! Just head to my profile and message me. 🦃 🍁 🤤 #holidaypies#holidaybaking#handpies#brookeybakes
CHARCOAL GREENTEA HURRICANE SWISSROLL CAKE
Source : @linagui.kitchen .
1 butir telur utuh
4 butir kuning telur
50 gram minyak goreng, saya pakai sunflower oil
70 gram tepung protein sedang
80 ml susu cair
Sejumput vanilla bubuk
Bahan B :
4 butir putih telur
80 gram gula pasir
1 sdt air jeruk nipis
1 sdt bamboo charcoal powder
1/2 sdt pasta Greentea .
Cara membuat :
1. Panaskan minyak sampai hangat saja, masukkan tepung dam vanilla bubuk sambil diayak, aduk rata, tambahkan susu cair, aduk rata kembali , dinginkan sebentar
2. Kemudian masukan telur utuh dan kuning telur satu persatu sambil diaduk, aduk rata, sisihkan
3. Mikser putih telur hingga berbusa lalu masukkan gula dalam 3 tahapan, masukkan air jeruk nipis, mikser dengan kecepatan tinggi hingga adonam padat dan soft peak.
4. Ambil 1/3 adonan putih telur lalu masukkan ke dalam adonAn charcoal , aduk balik hingga rata.
5. Tuang sisa adonan putih telur (sisanya 2/3 bagian) ke dalam adonan Greentea,aduk balik dengan spatula hingga rata sisihkan
6. Pertama tuang adonan Greentea ke loyanh persegi (saya pakai uk 24x24) beralas kertas baking, lali adonan charcoal di atas permukaan adonan Greentea
7. Gunakan ujung gagang sendok *tarik garis vertikal dari kiri atas ke arah bawah lalu geser ke kanan lalu tarik lagi ke arah atas. Seterusnya sampai ke bawah. *tarik garis horizontal dari kiri atas ke arah kanan,terus ke bawah tarik lagi garis horizontal ke arah kiri dan seterusnya sampai selesai,
8. Ovem dengam suhu 155 derajat api atas dan bawah di rak bawah (oven saya) hingga matang.
9. Panas panas balikkan lalu gulung dengan menggunakan baking paper beralas serbet, gulung padatkan, dinginkan lalu beri filling sesuai selera, gulung dan padatkan lagi , simpan di chiller hingga set, potong potong. .