This week lucky winner is @alicagayle99 please Dm us for instructions on how to colliery you’re prize.....keep posting, liking and sharing and also Tag @spanishgrainstore and @victoriafarmsja in your posts....who knows maybe you will be our next week winner 😊 #winner#ham#festive#promotion#victoria#farm#f4f
Slow Cooker Christmas Ham 🎄This is an old but very much loved recipe of mine, ideal for getting ahead on Christmas Day and saving space in your oven! 👍 Or it’s super delicious for Christmas Eve dinner served with crusty bread and salad. Yum! Let me know if you’ll be trying it this Christmas!
For the ham:
* 2 – 2.5kg gammon
* 1 or 2 white onions
* 1 litre / 4 cups apple juice
* 10 black peppercorns
* 5 whole cloves
* 2 star anise
* 2 bay leaves
For the glaze:
* handful of whole cloves
* 4 tbsp honey
* 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
* 1 tbsp Brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp all spice
There’s still time to pick up a Logan Farms product gift card. We have a wide selection of gourmet meats that your family or coworker can choose from: filet mignon, hickory smoked turkey, honey glazed ham, and so much more!
Visit our website (link in bio) for details or call 601-366-HAMS and ask about our generous volume discounts!
Just a friendly reminder, if you’re ordering from The Market at Sea Island’s Take-and-Bake Christmas menu, orders are due in by this Thursday (December 20). They’re ready to make your holiday dinner a delicious one, but you’ve got to call! #christmasdinner#turkey#ham#primerib#seaisland#EIL
RICE OMELET WITH BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BLACK FOREST HAM. The combination of tomato and egg is fantastic. Spicy ingredients like smoked ham and sprouts go well with them, too.
1. Soak 200g rice in cold water for over 30 minutes.
2. While soaking rice, caramelize onion: Chop 1 onion and fry at low heat in butter.
3. While caramelizing onion and soaking rice, make soup to the cook rice in: Make 300ml chicken broth and mix 4 table spoons of tomato paste into the broth.
4. Drain the rice. Put the rice, caramelized onion and the broth into a pot. Boil with the lid on, at first at high heat and when the water boils, lower the heat. When the water is gone, turn the heat off. Stir the rice carefully and wait 10 minutes with the lid on.
5. While boiling rice, prepare ham and Brussels sprouts: Clean and cut 100g Brussels sprouts and sear in butter for a short time. Chop 100g smoked ham like Black Forest ham. Add them into the rice after the water is gone. Stir and put the lid on.
6. Put the tomato rice on dishes. Make omelette: Heat a frying pan well at high heat. Beat 4 eggs with 100ml cream, a little salt and 40g grated parmigiano reggiano. Put butter into the frying pan. Shortly before the butter melts completely, put the beaten egg into the pan. Stir a little and turn the heat off. Put the omelette on the rice on the dishes.
7. Serve with white wine like Italian Pino Grigio.
A few snapshots from today's Sussex Animal Save where we watched beautiful animals going to their deaths. I wasn't able to take more pictures because of the presence of the #police who made sure that we had no more than 1 minute with each truck (usually less) and had to rotate taking footage so were not really properly able to say goodbye to the babies.
After the trucks went through the gate some of us walked across the field to look down at the slaughterhouse, and were able to witness the animals being unloaded and led to the kill floor.
Words can't express how hard it was to hear the staff laughing and joking as they were preparing to murder the pigs, but at least we didn't observe any rough handling of the animals today (possibly because the workers knew they were being watched and filmed), although we all know what happened once they were out of our sight!
Please think about them whilst making your dietary choices. They didn't want to die. It took the workers a lot of effort to get them off the vehicles because they obviously knew it was not a happy place.
If eating meat is not a necessity, how do you justify it?
You may #lovebacon but is this a good reason to take a life of somebody who doesn't want to die?