“Black Girl 101: when wash days are a planned event”
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Washing my toddlers hair has taught me so much about patience...
1. She hates wash days
2. She screams through it all
3. After two hours of washing conditioning and twisting she’s messed it up by rolling around on the floor🙄••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Nonetheless I’m confident the message on the importance of hair care and loving her hair won’t be lost. ALSO CANT BELIEVE THIS LITTLE ONE TURNS TWO TOMORROW 😩😍
Not only are those curls growing but so is her personality & intelligence
Products used: Carols daughters shampoo and conditioner & @kreyolessence Haitian Black castor oil
On this Wednesday, we're honoring @naomiosakatennis, the first Haitian-Japanese tennis player to win the US Open Championship. Recently, it was announced that Naomi is also expected to sign a record-breaking deal with Adidas. This will be the global brand's biggest contract ever given to a female athlete. We salute you, Queen! Keep shining. #WCW
Little snippet from something I wrote about establishing boundaries.
The people you may be trying to lift up might not want to go with you and it’s important to cut to the point and communicate honestly.
Get clear about where you’re headed.
Establish what your purpose is in someone else’s life. “Can I be straight with you?
I’m losin’ my faith with you
This is not what I’m meant to do
Can you be honest with me?
What is it in your future you see?
And is there a place for me?”
@trilogymuzik has been cooking up! Lehgo!
“Dave East x Uncle Murda”
Additional Vocals @que_banz
Produced By @trilogymuzik
Salute My GuYz @unclemurda @daveeast On This 🔥🔥🔥‼️
My last day in my twenties!!!😳 lawd I'm not ready, but here's day 3 of 30 things I learned before 30 🧡🧡🧡
13. “It’s not the water outside that makes the boat sink it’s the water inside of the boat that makes the boat sink” I heard my husband, Alex, say it once while he was preaching and it’s always stuck with me. Other people’s opinion doesn’t have to be your reality.
14. Forgiveness benefits you more than the person you forgive.
15. At the end of the day you will reap what you sow. There are times where I treated one person really well and then that same person ends up not being there for me when I need them. God always sends somebody to be there for me, even when it’s not the person I expected to be there. This was a major lesson I learned during my wedding. The bridesmaids that I didn’t expect to step up helped me SOOOO much, and the ones that I was there for the most didn’t really care.
16. There’s a difference between being patient and being passive (still learning this 😫)
17. Jealousy never made anybody successful.
18. NEVER mix business with pleasure.
Stay tuned for 19-24 tomorrow☺️
#KotKobPetroCaribe ? -
For those who don’t know what #PetroCaribe and the #PetroCaribeChallenge is, it is political movement which started on social media after Haitian #journalists , #bloggers , and #economists began investigating what happened to the 3 billion dollars given to Haiti by #Venezuela . PetroCaribe is a program that Caribbean countries are entitled to if they loaned #oil from Venezuela as long as they agreed to reimburse them. The funds gained from the program were meant to be used to build roads, hospitals, schools, factories and infrastructure to facilitate economic growth as seen in #Jamaica and #DominicanRepublic . Since 2008, Haiti received over 3.5 billion dollars from Venezuela and the attire of our country today shows that the theft and laundering of this money is evident. Former Presidents #MichelMartelly , Rene Preval, Jocelerme Privert, and Jovenel Moïse have all been accused of taking money from this “cake” along side other politicians like Laurent Lamothe, the Boulos family, the Bigio family, Joseph Lambert, and plethora of other politicians and former ministers. Multiple projects such as the Fontamara Fish Market, Parlement, Delmas Viaduct, and Les Cayes airport remain unfinished or not even started. Certain projects look over priced for what they costed such as the 25 football stadiums built by Lamothe or Cap Haïtien international airport. The movement has lead many other investigations such as what happened to the 100,000,000+ dollars collected by the government from remittances from the Haitian #diaspora . I’ll be covering these cases individually. The lack of attention this movement is receiving from certain major Haitian social media pages is appalling. People need to be held accountable and the Haitian people need to be reimbursed. 🇭🇹🌴🇭🇹🌴🇭🇹🌴🇭🇹🌴🇭🇹🌴🇭🇹🌴🇭🇹🌴 #haiti#haitian#haitianhistory#haitianpride#ayiti#haïti#haitianpride#1804#history#quiskeya#hispaniola#haití#caribbean