Pleased to be supporting the #justacard campaign, aimed at supporting small #independent#businesses , #artists , #designers and #makers ... one way to show your support is to buy all of your #Christmas#gifts this year from #indie businesses ... To kick off Day 1 of the five day challenge, here are ten facts about me:
1. I first picked up a #pencil to #draw seriously, aged 13.
2. Around 7 months later, I put it down again ... It would be 24 years before I attempted another #drawing . And the rest, as they say, is history.
3. When I am not drawing, I am working on my other passion: #writing .
4. I worked as an #ecologist for over sixteen years.
5. Favourite #holiday destination is north Wales (relatively new discovery).
6. I believe a house isn't quite a home without a four-pawed member of the family.
7. When I am not drawing or writing, I am outdoors #hiking .
8. My favourite tipple is real ale — after a good long hike.
9. Erm ... what else? ... If I had more time I'd learn to play the harmonica properly.
10. I've published two children's #books ... third one imminent.
”Going somewhere” Blyertsteckning till en vän. I dag känns det som jag är påväg någonstans. Vi får se vart. //ENG// ”Going somewhere” Graphite drawing for a friend. Today it feels like I am going somewhere. We’ll see.
So daily challenges are just not my thing. Its hard juggling a full time job, my art hustle and just life in general. Also I am super slow at drawing, I need to fix that!! Anyhow showing off a older and only self portrait. It might be my character in a folktale, not sure what my story would be like but the bear and I would be buddies 😉🐻 #folktaleweek2018#animalillustration#spiritanimal
An artist's process is never perfect - and don't let anyone fool you into thinking so. I am struggling very much on this piece. I have been out of practice. I'd like to think that my 0.7 mechanical pencil lead isn't helping either, especially with details. I don't need a perfect process, but maybe one that's a little more structured. Unfortunately, I have been copying this cat off of a screen, not a print out. The circumstances don't give me much of a choice in the matter. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I promise that you will eventually see more than just cats on here. 😜 Currently working on Christmas commisions, some of which happen to be cat-themed. 🐈 I am quite out of practice, but so thankful for Thanksgiving break. It is the quintessential time to recharge and regain healthy habits. I am aspiring to have a relaxed yet productive break that doesn't require setting an alarm in the morning. 😉 (the work I do is usually around dinnertime and I make my own hours). .
New to the gallery - this beautiful graphite art work ‘The Challenger’ by Karen Hunt. Just in time for Christmas.
We love the attention to detail and their determined faces as they lock antlers.
Prints are available from the gallery now.