A few flicks from my time in Central Vietnam 🇻🇳 The local paint is called ATM and I can only assume that's short for arse to mouth because it's complete and utter shit. It's so shit it makes export feel like molotow. The consistency is a lot like the shits I did in Vietnam, mostly liquid, inconsistent and occasionally violent. Roughly 1 in 5 cans would spontaneously explode, it was like playing Russian roulette. Disclaimer aside... .
1. Beach out of Da Nang (yes that's it's real name). Just after sunset I went down, a sad Vietnamese ballad was blasting over the loud speaker down the beach. While painting, a curious local fisherman came up and after explaining what I was doing with photos he went back to his fishing. A few minutes later he came back and tried to help, then placed his hand on my face and pinched my cheek. Weird
2. A restaurant down my street in Hoi An. I asked the owner if I could paint her wall and she agreed, I think she was just confused and thought of she said yes maybe I'd buy some food. I came back with a little mock up saying Chao Mung, or welcome, but she insisted it was English. The black is from a tin, I couldn't pick what paint it was, some sort of oil enamel. It was a bit like old engine oil but after it starts to dry it becomes stringy like when you step on gum. .
3. At the same restaurant, which is called bamboo. The owner asked if I'd paint some so I knocked this out, I couldn't find a brush so painted with a rolled up bamboo leaf. Meta .
4. Beach in Hoi An watching men in basket boats fish
5. Abando in Hoi An. Two in the pink... .
6. Abandoned water park outside of Hue. Built in 2004 and costing US $3M, it closed a few months later due to a community boycott. A few crocodiles were left in the lake but removed not long ago.
7. Also the abandoned water park. The view from inside the big dragons neck.
Big love to all the beautiful people I've met. What a trip