This week's goal: eat more cookies 🍪 ... err we mean fruits and veggies! But our cookies are full of real fruits and veggies, so it's basically the same thing. Put your goals into the universe too✨ - tell us your goals below ⬇️
Rain, rain, go away, come again...next month? 🙂 Rainy day here at F&V and I’m in full out recipe testing mode! I love to test on Mondays and then eat the goods all week long. 🤩 You guys have been loving these 5-SEED TRAIL MIX COOKIES so much- I’m thinking of making another batch today! We have a hiking trip coming up this weekend (hope it isn’t raining!!!) and why pack trail mix when you can pack trail mix cookies amiright?! 😜They’re perfect for meal prep and are actually super sturdy. AKA if they can survive my purse death trap they can survive anything 😂! Gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free, and even nut free! Recipe link is in my profile! Have a great day, guys. Really. Do it. It’s in your complete control. 🧘♀️
Whipped up some easy 3-ingredient banana and PB pancakes and they were so tasty! Bacon, eggs and coffee to finish it off 👌🏽
3 tbsp nut butter
1 tsp coconut oil .
Mash the bananas in a bowl and stir in the nut butter, then crack the two eggs into the mixture and stir well. Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and fry small batches of batter for about 2 minutes each side on a medium heat. Serve with eggs and crispy bacon 😋
One of the downsides of gluten free baking. Crumbly cookies. However these chickpea chocolate chip cookies taste so good I have no problem digging in with a spoon!! Thanks @rrobarrd for the recipe!! So yummy!! #glutenfreecookies#crumbs
A happy stack of soft brown rice & millet pancakes 🥞 we are still experiencing Summer temperatures at 29-32 celsius, we are longing for lower temperatures and the cozy feel of Autumn 🍂 Pancakes always seem to help... #glutenfreepancakes
•>> Its that time of year again, I love autumn and I'm so glad it's here!🍁 and these gluten free cookies taste all the better now that there's a chill in the air!
Oh my lanta!.............
3/4 cups of brown sugar
1 cup of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 1/4 cups of almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 bag of chocolate
1 cup of coconut shavings🍁🍂
This is the best low carb zucchini noodle dish I have ever had! YUMMMM.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
2 red bell peppers
5-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp paprika
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
1/3 cup canned artichoke hearts
2 large zucchini, julienned
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Walnuts, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to broil and move the oven rack to the top position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut the bell peppers into quarters and remove the seeds. Place flat on the baking sheet with the skin side up. Broil for 12-15 minutes until the skins are blackened.
2. Place the blackened peppers into a paper bag or Ziploc and close. Allow the peppers to steam for 10-15 minutes to loosen the skin.
3. Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the paprika. Turn the heat to low to keep warm.
4. Remove the bell peppers from the paper bag and gently peel off the skin. Place into the saucepan with the onions and add three to four tablespoons of olive oil. Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to puree, or transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil if necessary. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a separate pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the pan and cook until the artichoke hearts are slightly browned. Stir in the zucchini, and then add your desired amount of the red pepper pesto. Toss to coat. Serve warm, garnished with walnuts and parsley.
I had all the intention to share my fridge and my meal prep ... but then these 🍪🍪🍪🍪 rolled in 😍... then I figured, SHARE the cookies because people love cookies 🍪💁🏻♀️
I finally made @kalejunkie Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies ... and I can tell you they are AMAZING 💯🍪
Simple 6 ingredients, no BS 👉🏻almond flour @bobsredmill , tahini , maple syrup @docsmaple , chocolate chips @enjoylifefoods , egg and baking soda; optional👉🏻 scoop of collagen which I added as per Nicole @kalejunkie recommendation because who doesn’t need that extra protein and plump skin 🙃😌 @furtherfood @furtherfoodcollagen ~
Why I love these: DELICIOUS, CHEWY 💯 and loaded with FIBER and PROTEIN 🙌🏻
Bonus: my kids LOVED them too!🤩
Get the full recipe over @kalejunkie blog 📝https://www.kalejunkie.com/nicole-modic-blog/life-changing-chocolate-chip-tahini-cookies?rq=Life%20changing
Happy Sunday, xoxo SP
Made 2 batches of these tahini cookies this week and each batch didn’t even last 24 hours...they’re that amazing. Props to @kalejunkie for the best cookie recipe!
Mix in bowl: 1 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup maple syrup, collagen (I did 2 scoops), 1 cup tahini, dark chocolate chips and I added in 2 tbsp MCT oil. Refrigerate for 30 min. Then mix in 1 egg and 1 tsp baking soda. I baked at 365 for 10 minutes. Then enjoy the ooey gooey deliciousness and try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting 😉
Breaking into my Fox pouch filled with S’mores chai. I am trying almond milk tonight with my latte and must say that it tastes delicious! And some more cookies because it’s a cookie and latte kinda day for me. I am totally loving that cute fox tumbler btw! 😍 🦊 #davidstea#tea#latte#tumbler#smoreschai#fox#glutenfreecookies
This is my all-time favorite healthy lunch! Includes grilled red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers and asparagus with a tangy lime sauce (YUM!) Grilled Veggie Salad Platter with Lime Sauce
4 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
For the Sauce
1/4 cup Paleo mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lime
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Slice the zucchini and squash in half lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch thick slices. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill to low heat. Lightly drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and toss to coat. Working in batches, place the vegetables onto the grill in a single layer. Close the lid and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a serving plate and serve alongside the cumin sauce.
✊ WE HAVE JOINED THE REVOLUTION⠀
It's time we started changing what our schools are feeding our children. Load them up on sugar and then send them back into class to learn? Hmmmm doesn't sound to practical to us!⠀
Rumbles Paleo, along with a host of other partners has joined 'The Tuckshop Revolution' - a grassroots not-for-profit movement seeking to empower schools and their students to develop and maintain healthy habits.⠀
It is FREE to sign up, so GET YOUR SCHOOL ON BOARD NOW and start helping to shape the future of our Children.⠀
More Info: www.tuckshoprevolution.com.au
The perfect dessert! 🍪🍪🍪 A warm Chocolate Chip Almond Skillet Cookie topped with two ingredient Banana Nice Cream. Vegan, gluten-free, and packed with protein — this sweet dessert is a crowd pleaser! Inspired by @fitmittenkitchen.
R E C I P E
Chocolate Chip Almond Skillet Cookie
• 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 4 tablespoons water
• 1/3 cup almond butter
• 1/4 cup coconut oil - solid at room temperature
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cup almond flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
• 1/2 cup (4 oz) chopped dark chocolate • 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Banana Nice Cream
• 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
• 3-4 tablespoons Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
1. Preheat oven to 325° F and grease an 8" iron skillet with oil. (You can also cut the recipe in half and use a 6" iron skillet)
2. Mix together flaxseed meal and water and set aside for 5+ minutes to thicken.
3. In a medium-sized bowl mix together almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and thickened flaxseed mix.
4. In a separate bowl combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda together.
5. Combine both mixtures and add Svelte®, dark chocolate, and sliced almonds.
6. Move the cookie dough to the greased skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned (15-20 minutes if using 6" skillet + recipe). If you want an extra crispy top, try finishing in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Watch closely as it can burn quickly!
7. Let cool 10+ minutes before serving.
For the Nice Cream - freeze banana slices 4+ hours. Add frozen bananas to blender/food processor with Svelte® and mix slowly until smooth. Move to a bowl and freeze an additional 20+ minutes for a firmer nice cream.
Sharing the truth (from my last post) in the stories. 👆Also, a bonus fun fact that no one asked for: @paulaabdul paulaabdul is my karaoke alter-ego... well one of them. 🎤🤩 These cookies were a result of a super late night decorating + iTunes on shuffle but I kind of love them. What’s your karaoke jam?
Help! These lemon-cake-oatmeal cookies are AMAZING but not very pretty... and they’re being donated to an event 🙈. What can I add that will compliment flavor and make them not look like empty scones?