Curl up with a bowl of our Ginger Tiger Parsnip and Carrot Soup this winter. Creamy and rich with an exciting ginger 'bite', this recipe is great for the family and elegant enough for entertaining. The recipe is on the Dole website - link in bio.
i put sesame oil mixed olive oil to fry the garlic and ginger 😋
Name : Hokkian Kiam Chye Ark (Salted Pickled Mustard Green with meat) 🍜
Level of Difficulty : easy
Preparation & cooking time : 45mins
Cuisine type : Asian, Chinese
Meal type : light soup - boiling method
Ingredients : pickled mustard green and meat
I recently served this delicious Carrot Curry Ginger soup at a retreat I hosted at the beautiful @theluminaryfarm Danville, California. It was a huge hit!! This perfect for a dreary overcast day like today! Topped with hazelnuts, goat cheese and arugula. Simple, yet extremely nourishing! Ginger helps relieve GI irritation, settle your stomach, get rid of nausea and reduce inflammation. Carrots (especially cooked carrots) have a high level of beta-carotene- the precursor for Vitamin A which is essential for healthy skin, eye health and vision and boosting immunity! Curry the miracle anti-aging and anti-inflammatory spice. Cannot get enough of it! Thank you to @scott_estrada for the inspiration!! 💙🙏🏻
· 1 leek
· 2 pounds carrots
· 2 sweet potatoes
· ¼ cup coconut oil
· 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
· 2 TBSP fresh ginger root, grated
· 5 cups chicken stock or veggie stock NOTE I used @traderjoes organic veggie stock and it was delicious · ½ tsp curry powder
· 1 tsp salt
· ½ tsp black pepper
1. Trim off the tough green end of leek, then slice leek lengthwise and rinse out. Slice leek halves into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Trim carrots, wash and slice diagonally.
3. Peel sweet potato and cut into 1-inch cubes.
4. Pour coconut oil in the soup pot and sauté the leek until translucent but not brown.
5. Add carrots and sweet potatoes and toss for 5 minutes on medium heat.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
7. Lower to a simmer, cover, and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
8. Blend with an immersion blender or blender.add more veggie stock for desired consistency!
Our parvaar always has adhrak di tharee when the temperature drops.
For some, this tharee is too strong, so here is a great compromise!
When we skin and freeze our ginger, we make tharee with the skin peelings. They contain most of the benefit of the adhrak but are upto 70% milder in taste. It tastes great, we usually add peas, some potato, tomatoe and mushrooms... infused in beautiful organic ghee for double the health benefit.
Ginger warms up the body and is natures ‘anti-freeze’ helping to thin blood and help it flow in the cold.
The ginger we cut into about 40-50 squares and freeze them. One square is the perfect portion for a family meal sized sabjee.
An old Indian adage.. Bandhar kyaa jaane adhrak ka swaad |
What does a monkey know of the taste of ginger.
Yesterday's Vitamix Workshop was so much fun!😄 Thank you all for attending!❤ And thank you @yourhealthguideuae for teaching us delicious healthy recipes!😋 You can see more pictures & videos of the workshop in our highlights👆
ورشة فيتاميكس يوم امس كانت رائعة! تعلمنا وصفات سريعة، لذيذة وصحية مع اخصائية التغذية سوزان تيرزيان! شكرا لكم جميعا على حضوركم😊
We started sniffling today so 👆🏼 serious ginger, garlic, carrot soup. Aaaand I wanted to play with my new phone Camera to make a nice picture 😁
(5 carrots, 1 sweet potato boiled with stock 👉🏼 Fry one onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves and a grated 2inch chunk of ginger. Mix it all together, add rosemary, tarragon and black pepper!)