Just over here living completely out of my comfort zone😆 but that’s where the good stuff happens, right?!
We’ve got some new faces around so I thought I’d take some time to introduce myself. Usually I’m just hiding behind the chair & the pretty hair, so its new to show my face around these parts, but here I am🤗 I’m hoping to evolve Manegypsy into a little more than just hair. Hopeful to create a space to inspire you, connect with you, learn from you. Take a minute & enjoy a few things about me you may not know✌🏼
1. I started working in a salon at age 16 as a receptionist. It was my first job & I actually just got offered the job. Who knew my future career would fall in my lap at age 16. Me, of course, not realizing it at the time.
2. I grew up on a cattle farm in southern Indiana in a little valley called Popcorn. It’s not even a map dot y’all.
3. I’m a forever student. I love to read & always eager to learn. Always trying to improve my skills, my mind & my environment.
4. I was born an animal lover. Usually taking a liking to the runt of the group.
5. I started Manegypsy after an industry influencer asked, “Are there really 88 other people who want to be Sammy_pants?”😳 Well that was humiliating, huh @em_thimling ? 😂 So thank you Don @nothingbutpixies .
I’d love to chat with y’all💕 so drop a comment— a random fact about ya, ask me a question, let me know what you’d like to see around here, something I can teach you?— anything! After all social media is supposed to be S O C I A L, right?
2018 has already been such a wild year & it’s only half way over! I’m so thankful for all of the opportunities it has presented, both professional & personal. One of those being working beside @ashleyfergusonhair & with her amazing clients that have welcomed me in & got to experience this crazy ride with us of assisting & growing. The biggest shoutout to my mentor, soundboard & friend! Ash has pushed & inspired me for the last 8 months to aspire to be the best hairstylist I can possibly be. I’m so grateful to work next to someone who is so passionate, dedicated, insanely talent & still so humble. I constant feel so lucky to learn from her & the other @blushkzoo girls every day! 💖💖💖 So excited to see what the rest of the year has in store & get pumped with me to be behind the chair at Blush Salon + Spa starting this October! 🤩
For those of you I haven’t met yet, I wanted to share a little about me🖤 I was born and raised in Jonesboro, AR. I graduated from Nettleton High School and then went to Cosmetology school at University of Arkansas Community College of Batesville. I’ve been with my husband for 3 years now and have been married 2, and we’ve got a precious 15 month old little girl named Paisley. God called my husband to Manila and so of course we followed. We just found our perfect first home and are settling in to this new small town. We absolutely love it so far. I have been doing hair for almost 3 years now and still LOVE it. I love meeting new people and making everyone feel & look beautiful! Color is my overall favorite along with any kind of updos, I’m up for any challenge😍 next favorite would have to be lashes, because what else would be the next best thing?! I can’t wait to get to know each of you better and if you have any questions feel free to message me or comment below!🖤🖤 #gettoknowyourstylist
Fun Friday Facts... all about your hair stylist Heather.
1. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? All the crafts! I already love crafting but more in depth.
2. What could you give a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? How to cook a family recipe.
3. What’s your favorite drink? Tea! Iced, herbal, Black.
4. How long have you been cutting hair? Since 2009 officially... although I cut my hair in High School.
5. What is the best compliment you’ve received? I had a very sick client tell me I was an angel. That was a really good feeling.
Hi there. My name is Janice, everyone calls me "Jay!" 🙏 Welcome to my page! I just wanted to take the time out to briefly introduce myself and to say thank you for following me and supporting my business. I am truly greatful! I enjoy you and grow from connecting with each and everyone of you.
I was born in the Caribbean and moved here long ago and the love for what I do continued.
I am your hair stylist, and hair care/health is primary for me. Healthy hair looks and responds well under any style so growth will come. .
I am a Mom, Grandma, Poet, Writer, Hair Stylist, Host, Motivational speaker and the list gets "quite long" actually so let's stop here. 😊
Passion, love, growth fuels who I am and is behind everything I do. I am less than perfect and I am shaped well by my life experiences that govern how I live my life, work, and how I interact among many other things. What good is knowledge stored? Allow it to make you accountable and wise!
I'm not going to go on and on here (because I will lol)😂 so you will always learn more about me on my blog at jmxwrites.weebly.com we can connect and interact there. .
I hope this weekend is a good one for you, but moreover be good to yourself! Something I had to learn the hard way!😎💕 Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Here at Personal Expression Hair Studio, we love connecting with our clients. A part of that is letting you get to know us. Today’s featured hair stylist is Jessie and she answered a few questions.
1. What was the last thing you ate? I roasted organic carrots in the oven with drizzled honey cinnamon. Cayanne pepper and a little olive oil.
2. What’s the best way to start the day? Yoga for sure.
3. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Outlander and Mafia, old 1920s style.
4. What hair color or style have you yet to try on your own hair, but want to? A honey Blonde (stay tuned!)
5. What would be some of the most annoying things about having yourself as a roommate? Piles of clothes.
Some of you might not know me or my story so I thought I would take a minute on this beautiful Monday to share a little about myself. Hopefully I’ll get to know more about you sometime soon too. So if you’d like, settle in and learn a bit about yours truly! 👶🏻 My number one priority in life is my baby girl. My daughter #MillieLeeAnna is almost 7 months old, she’s my pride and joy. She’s beautiful, happy, and a really good baby. Every thing I do is for her and our family. 🧔🏻 Two and a half years ago I married my best friend #MasonJames . He is truly my biggest supporter and I’m not sure how I could survive without him. He’s an amazing and hardworking daddy and sacrifices so much so I can chase after my dreams. 🐶 Before I was a mommy I was a fur-mom. #RemingtonRifleWilson is my sweet puppy. She’s almost 5 years old and is my best friend. She knows lots of tricks and loves going hunting and fishing with us. Remi Girl is also an amazing big sister, her and Millie love to hang out and cuddle together. 👯♀️ If you can turn a hobby into a job then you’ll love what you do. Not only do I get to make others feel beautiful for work, but I also get to teach dance, which is my other passion. I’ve been teaching dance and tumbling for about 6 years. I enjoy staying active and teaching what I love. ✈️ I love traveling and going on adventures. I’ve been blessed to be able to travel to many places like Mexico, China, the Caribbean and many places in the U.S. but I look forward to exploring many, many more places with my family and friends. 🚔 #LivePD is literally my favorite show! I look forward to staying home on Friday and Saturday night so I can watch people get busted. I tell Mason all the time that I kinda want to get pulled over so I can meet some of the officers. I have so much respect and love for our public service men and women.
There’s a bit about me 🙋🏼♀️ if you’ve made it this far comment a fun fact about yourself! I look forward to reading them all! Xoxo ♥️♥️♥️
We are about to start up our weekend with another, “get to know your PE stylist” feature. This week we have owner and stylist, Diane. Here are some of the questions we got a chance to ask her.
1. Were you named after anyone? My mom’s best friend.
2. What was the last thing you ate? Lamb burger.
3. What is the furthest you have traveled from home? South Africa.
4. What’s the best way to start the day? Breakfast.
5. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an option? Cleaning the ocean.
Another weekend is upon us, which means we get to learn more about one of our amazing stylist’s, Metta. Here are some of the questions we got a chance to ask her.
1. Were you named after anyone? My Grandmother.
2. What was the last thing you ate? Dolmas.
3. What is the furthest you have traveled from home? Greece.
4. What’s the best way to start the day? With a good nights sleep.
5. What hair color or style have you yet to try on your own hair, but want to? A shaved head!
We are excited to be kicking off our weekend with a little one on one with our stylist, Heather! Personal Expressions Hair Studio is all about the personal connection... and creating some pretty amazing hair styles in the process. We thought it would be fun to ask Heather a few questions.
1. Were you named after anyone? Not anyone really, my sisters named me.
2. Where is the furthest you have traveled from home? Arizona.
3. What’s the best way to start the day? Sleeping in with my husband and pets.
4. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? My husband, Michael.
5. What hair color or style have you yet to try on your own hair, but want to? I have had pretty much every hair color and most styles. #pehair#hairstylist#curlyhairsalon#modernsalon#naturalhair#haircare#hairdressing#hairlove#wavyhair#gettoknowyourstylist
It’s Friyay again and time to have some more fun with ladies of Personal Expressions Hair Studio. This week we asked our stylist, Nicole, a few questions to get to know her better.
1. Where is the furthest you’ve been from home? Mexico.
2. What was the last thing you ate? Chicken soup.
3. What’s the best way to start the day? A cup of tea.
4. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Sport Fishing.
5. What hair color or style have you yet to try on your own hair, but want to? Light blonde. #gettoknowyourstylist#pehair#hairsalon#haddonfieldnj#hairstylist#haddonfieldstylist#friyay#fridayfun
It’s Friyay and we wanted to have some fun! Let’s get acquainted with the ladies of Personal Expressions Hair Studio, that work wonders on your hair, by asking them a few questions. This Friday’s featured stylist is Celine.
1. Where you named after anyone? My middle name is Delia, my Grandmothers name.
2. What was the last thing you ate? McDonalds breakfast.
3. What’s the best way to start the day? Music and coffee.
4. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My Grandmother.
5. What hair color or style have you yet to try on your own hair, but want to? Dark Silver.
So I normally don't join in on the fun, but since one of my FAVORITE people, @kuruvinda of @timelessweddingandevents nominated me to say 5 random facts about myself I guess I'm going for it!
1. I was homeschooled K-12 by my mom.... 📚 ✏️ partially because
2. I grew up in the middle of nowhere. It was a 45 minute drive on a glorified cattle trail 🐮 to get to the nearest town (population 388.) and
3. I am a vegetarian who grew up on a cattle ranch. 🌵
4. I did Tae Kwon Do 🥋 as a teenager. I got one belt away from being a black belt before the instructor moved away. 😆
5. I never really liked going to movies 🎥 before I started dating ❤️Randal Iverson ❤️ and now we go at least once a week.
So now I nominate @hairbyhyoung @sunshineandhairspray and @jadewicked.hair #fiverandomfacts#love#aboutme#gettoknowyourstylist#imadork#themoreyouknow#openbook#longbeachcalifornia#thisisme
10 things you may not know about me
1. I'm obsessed with star wars and Rick and morty
2. I own all the star wars movies
3. Not only do I love doing hair and taking pics of my beautiful clients but I love to model
4. I'm a little shy lol
5. I have been blessed by my two beautiful children and my fiance
6. I LOVE TO RAGE with my rave babies 💛💛💛
7. I love all types of music but not a lot of country
8. I love drawing and doing crafts
9. I LOVE STONES (GEMSTONE COLLECTION😍)
10. Last but not least I love, love, love my career in the beauty industry, I may have had doubts about my talent but the more I do it the more I see how great I am and how I just love making everyone feel good about their hair💛
HEY guys! I wanted to take a quick moment to introduce and tell you 10 things about myself that you may or may not know!
1. My mother (who also was a hair stylist) named me after a blonde client she had in Alaska.
2. I've always dreamt I'd be a mother of 2 boys & that came true! 👩👦👦
3. I love to camp!🏕
4. On my time off I like to spend most of it outside.
5. Tropical vacations are my thing!🌊
6. I have 2 big dogs, a cat and a horse. 🐕🐶🐱🐎
7. I love to dance no matter how ridiculous I look! 💃
8. I have been at the same salon my whole career!
9. Fall time is my favorite in WA state! 🍁🍂
10. I love learning new things!
Tell me 1 thing people may not know about YOU! .
Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing 10 random facts about myself!
1. I've been doing hair at Spalon Montage in Woodbury, MN for 3 years!
2. I was born in Wisconsin but grew up in Central Illinois. We moved here when I was 15. It was horrible at the time but now I love it here and would never want to live anywhere else!
3. My specialty is blondes! I love creating low-maintenance colors for Minnesota blondes like me!
4. I am a total crazy cat lady and always have been, but my husband is allergic to animals, so we'll never have one of our own😭 My fur baby Rosie lives with my parents, so she's not far. I get in as much snuggle time as I can with her when I'm there!
5. I might be the only hairdresser in the world who doesn't like coffee! Tea is my fave😍
6. I just got married back in September to my husband, Eric. Wedding planning was the most fun/stressful thing we've ever done💍
7. My favorite show of all time is Parks & Recreation. I rewatch it constantly, it's the best!
8. I inherited my green thumb from my mama, and I am a obsessed with houseplants! The only thing I can't grow is aloe, which is on the top 10 lists of easiest things to grow🤣
9. I am TERRIFIED of the ocean, or for that matter any water at all. On our honeymoon we went kayaking and I had a borderline panic attack. Despite learning how to swim at a young age, it's the creatures that freak me out 🤢
10. My husband and I are planning a trip to Yellowstone next summer, we're looking for recommendations on where to stop!🏞 📸: @aidephotography
10 Things To Know About Me:
*as your stylist I want you to know you're sitting in the chair of a real life person.* 1. I was born in California, moved to Utah young. Here we are.
2. I like to keep current with the newest trends. In order to do so, I ask YOU to send me your favorite new trend.
3. Yes, I am a mother. And, I try my hardest to have someone trusted lined up to care for my child if he were to be sick so sickness doesn't come between my client relationship.
4. I love getting to know you! Don't feel like I'm digging for dirt when I'm asking questions. I want you to feel like you're visiting your long lost best friend while in my chair.
5. Code Red MTN dew is my life. You surprise me with it at your appointment, you're about to have my heart. 😍😍😂 6. Don't be mad when I tell you that you now have a fee for booking because of no showing. 48 hours before your appointment is the latest your appointment can be cancelled without a fee of $10-$20.
7. I love to talk!! Sorry for not shutting up in advance. 😉
8. I rarely show faces in pictures unless given permission.
9. I want to know how your experience was with me!
10. Be my friend! I want to be yours! I mean, who wouldn't wanna look at their hair magic all day?? 😍😍😍 #gettoknowyourstylist#hairstyles#haircolor#color#hairartist#knowme#paulmitchellpro
Talk about #WCW 😍 lets get to know Tiegan!
Where is your favorite place to shop? Marshalls! Gotta love a good bargain
What is your guilty pleasure food/drink? I may or may not have some peanut butter m&m’s in my nightstand
What is your favorite product right now? Ive been using Bb Surf Foam Spray Blowdry a lot. I love that I can blow dry it at my roots for volume or let it airdry through my ends for texture!
Schedule yourself to come in and get pampered by Tiegan! 253-987-5915
Happy Friday! We're continuing our "Getting to know your Stylist" series after a Holiday hiatus last week.
1. She has to vacuum at least once a day.
2. Incapable of a hangover.
3. Is the decision maker of the Frayedberry bunch.
4. Calls her mom every day.
5. Loves pico and Netflix...but never watches a movie that she didn't pick, especially sci-fi.
6. Grew up down the street from our other stylist Emily.
Looks can be so deceiving, each and everyday there's somebody going through the worst or already been through the worst! God blessed us to be able to walk around like nothing's wrong...most people who walk around with the smiles are the ones hurting deep down inside. I've been the one to fake it when everything is all tore up inside in reality... It's easy to just tell everyone you're ok...even if you're not...from each experience I learned something different , being adopted taught me to forgive and to love, abusive relationship taught me strength and made me wise, failures taught me patience, depression taught me self love, fake friends taught me seperation=elevation, it's all been tests, but look at me now , this isn't even the half of me and my story... I look pretty damn good for all that I've been through and constantly facing day to day... Once you look to heaven & God starts healing you , you become something so precious and worthy! I'm blessed, being able to open up to the world Is a different feeling when you got a testimony..... #AboutTease#AintAlwaysSweet#FaithandPrayer#Forgiveness#Honesty#NoRegretsJustLessonsLearned#GetToKnowYourStylist#HairbyTease#ThankGodWeDontLookLikeWhatWeBeenThrough