One of the best parts of summer for me is the long days as you get extra time in the garden ❤️ Tonight I was able to sneak out after I put my daughter to bed to pick some berries (and eat plenty while picking) it’s such a peaceful time in the garden and I love wondering around seeing what needs picking or tiring back etc there is always something to do but I don’t mind as it’s definitely my happy place ❤️🌱#iphone10#abcmyphoto
It’s 6am and 23 degrees after a scorcher yesterday ☀️ Out to check on the garden while the family sleeps. My #artichokes are all starting to flower. I was taken aback when I saw the amazing purple centres for the first time so striking 👌🏻they sure know how to attract attention 💜 Happy weekend everyone 😊
Good morning everyone. Another hot day today so up early (have a nasty cold so couldn’t sleep anyway🤧) I picked my first Lebanese zucchini for the season ❤️ Might make a frittata with this lot (the berries I will freeze) Hope everyone has a great day 😊☀️
My favorite white sandwich bread recipe! 🍞
•6 to 7 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
•2 1/2 teaspoons salt
•1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
•1/4 cup sugar
•2 3/4 cups very warm water
•1/4 cup vegetable oil
•Butter for top of loaves
1. Combine THREE cups of the flour, salt, yeast and sugar.
2. Add the water and oil. The mixture will be thinner than bread dough.
3. Cover the bowl and let the batter rest for 10 minutes; it will be slightly bubbly at the end.
4. Gradually add another 3 to 4 cups of flour, until the dough comes together in a ball that clears the bottom and sides of the bowl and doesn’t leave a lot of doughy residue on your fingers.
5. Knead for about 2 minutes until the dough is smooth and supple.
6. Lightly grease a large bowl. Transfer the dough and cover with greased plastic wrap or a light kitchen towel, and let rise until doubled, about an hour or so.
7. Lightly punch down the dough and divide it into two equal pieces.
8. Grease two bread pans.
9. Place the dough loaves into the prepared pans.
10. Cover with thin kitchen towels and let rise until doubled and the dough has risen about 1-inch above the top rim of the pan, about an hour or so.
11. While the dough rises, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
12. Bake the bread for 30-32 minutes until golden and baked through.
13. Remove from the oven and turn the bread out onto a wire rack. Immediately brush the tops of the loaves with melted butter.
Our first Italian White #sunflower is out ❤️🌻 the whole stem fell over in the wind the other day but we managed to save it and now it’s well staked and flowering 🙏😊 It’s a beautiful plant as has multi stems so will get plenty of flowers from the one plant 👌🏻
Good morning everyone ! Another mild Summers day expected here today 🌦 but it’s going to warm up in the next few days so perfect opportunity to do a bit of pruning. On the advice of Sam ❤️@sam_and_wild_violet_garden I cut back my Dahlias yesterday 😱 to increase the number of flowers over the season and make the plants more compact by cutting back the main stem. (Best to do this when it’s not going to rain 😬 but sure they will be ok 👍🏻 🙏😊) My harvest this morning was mainly purple king beans they are such a great bean to grow as they give you heaps ! (Great if you love beans) luckily we do. How do you like to eat your beans ?
I think I have a new favorite ornament..I mean seriously how cute is this?! I absolutely plan to have a camper like this someday. It’s actually already on my vision board. Do you have a vision board? I love seeing my goals stare me in the face everyday. It keeps me focused. The best part is that when I reach that goal, I get to take the picture off the board. So satisfying! ✨
Right our the front door this morning is the beautiful Red Heliconia. The plant lives it’s whole life just to produce this one flower then dies. The flower lasts about 2-3 months on the plant before it needs cutting out. But not before pumping out a few baby pups to take its place. Just like a banana plant does - which in-fact they are related to. Also canna’s and gingers etc. #Tropical plant nerd alert 🚨 #heliconia
Happy Sunday everyone ! We got a heap of rain early this morning ⛈ so the garden is looking plumped up and happy 😊More berries picked this morning ready for the freezer as love to keep some for the months ahead to put on ice cream 👌🏻😍 I may even get enough for jam 😉
Hers clothes are forever stained with paint and dirt ✅ cup of tea in hand ✅ sassy attitude ✅ they say your children are reflections of you I just didn’t know it was this true 🤨😜💯 We are planting out all the cosmos and zinnia seedlings today in amongst the tropical ferns. Eeeeek so excited to see how they look amongst the tropicals. Nervous my idea isn’t going to work but will find out in about a month or two!