Finally done with this busy busy week. I knew I needed the morning off yesterday which sadly bit into my time in the gym. I decided to workout after work completely forgetting my gym closed at 8(I got home at 7) SO I had the quickest leg day of my life 😂😂 Here’s what I did for 45 mins:
1️⃣2x10 front squat (warm up)
5x5 Front Squat challenge -kept it at 115 w/good form and depth-
3x15 sumo cable squat
3x10 step ups
3️⃣ Plate pushes till close
Really got my heart rate up and definitely felt it in my hamstrings. At first when I had realized the time I got so mad because I had been looking forward to my workout all day so I just told myself I wasn’t gonna go but I am glad I made myself go even if it was only for a short amount of time😎 Happy weekend fit fam! WE MADE IT.
Sweat Saturday! Like this post if you're getting a weekend workout! 💖 I'm excited to start my mini bootcamp classes tomorrow, which are geared towards all fitness levels and are a sure way to feel the burn.
My mini camps are small groups of 4 people, which allows me to keep an eye on things a bit more closely. Plus the space has tons of equipment, like battle ropes, slam balls, cardio (rowing machine), free weights, cables, resistance training, and more.
High intensity interval training (HIIT training) is a big component of these classes. Some benefits of HIIT include:
1. Provides maximum results in a shorter period of time compared to traditional workouts. It also provides a metabolism boost that lasts for hours after your workout, which is an effective way to burn fat!
2. My classes accommodate all fitness levels. Modifications and alternative exercises are provided if you have physical limitations. And because the stations are timed instead of doing a set number of reps, the only person you are competing with is YOURSELF.
3. It's fun, fast paced, and high energy! Working with groups can be extra motivating and enjoyable, and you can even make some new fitness friends along the way.
4. HIIT comes attached with many other health benefits, like improving endurance, agility, strength. It is super effective for weight loss, and also reduces your health risks.
5. Group training is cost effective! So if you can't afford 1:1 coaching, then take advantage of this affordable option, which is priced at around $15 a class.
My current camp is at capacity, but stay tuned for more classes soon! We also will be offering an exciting new program POWER YOGA created by Infinity Coach @jesserodgers_, so shoot us a message to express some interest and find out more! 💪🏋️♀️🤸♂️🧘♀️💪
Even on a Sat we out in the work before all the fun and shenanigans! Finishing up week 2 of my second round of a killer program and my legs are done!! I love the flexibility of this program and how it works for my crazy on the go lifestyle! Days don’t always go as planned and that’s totally ok! No don’t have to beat myself up or feel bad about it because as long as I commit to the 4 days a week I’m good!
Are you ready to make a change but strapped for time?? Message me and let’s chat! I’d love to see if this is a good fit for you and have you join us as we kick off our next group starting Nov 5th!! Link is in bio!!
☀️Morning Routine ☀️
The 4 things I MUST do every single morning to get my day started with #bossbabe vibes 🌟
1. Brush my teeth 😁 Seems pretty obvious but I can’t go downstairs with my mouth feeling stale and gross from the bacteria chilling on on my tongue from the last 8 hours 👄 Also, a good tongue scraper is a #gamechanger
2. After I kiss my sleepy pup Hudson, I go downstairs and drink a big glass of water with 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar and a squeeze of 1/4 of a lemon 🍋 It’s important to rehydrate your body first thing in the morning and adding acv and lemon help get your metabolism going & the detoxifying properties are countless! 🥃
3. Meditate 💆🏼♀️ Usually just 10 minutes (sometimes less) centering my mind in the morning has made a huge difference in my energy throughout the day ✨
4. Stretch - 🤸🏽♀️My clients know that I can get a little preachy about how Important stretching is but it seriously (IMO) is THE MOST BENEFICIAL way you can move your body each day. Stretching is important in so many ways but just to name a few; injury prevention, improved posture, reduced soreness, release tension, increases blood flow to muscles (improves circulation), can help improve performance in physical activity and the list goes on! 🤯 It’s almost as good as that “magic pill” that everyone is always looking for. Personally, I started stretching every morning just about two months ago and can testify to the massive effects it’s made on how much better overall my body feels in my workouts, on my runs, during working hours (I stand all day long), and in my overall energy. I challenge you to make it a priority for 1 week and stretch each day for at least 15 minutes (I usually take 20-30minutes) and see how you feel! 🐙
Comment below your MUST-DO morning routines!!! I’m always looking to adapt and find what works best for me so I’d love to hear your favorite ways to wake up! Happy Saturday Babes! 💕 Wishing all of you a festive Fall weekend 🕸🍂🍁
Keep Showing Up. Something I’ve said to everyone that has been a student of mine this week. Show up, do the work, and be proud. This is also what I say to myself when I’m the teacher: whether 1 student comes or 20, show up and give them the best experience. I hope all of you are showing up for yourselves today 💪🏽 #HappySaturday 🤗