A new take on #tacotuesday anyone?? The stars aligned and I got this delicious recipe on the blog today! Greek Tacos with homemade tzatziki sauce served on #low carb naan bread. I’ll put the link in my bio for ya!! #recipe#lowcarbrecipes
Our jokes may not be (p)unny, but they sure are CHEESY! 🧀 😛
🌿 tag #matchacafemaikoSF to be featured
👍🏼 like us on FB | Facebook.com/matchacafemaikosf
🍵 Matcha Cheese Latte, Hojicha Cheese Latte
This post is dedicated to silly adult acne and annoying perma-fatigue. RIP breakouts and lethargy. An hour after a lunch of lattes, brownies and pizza I anxiously wait for my @hungryroot delivery today😎 #veganbaby#feedme
@tripleosrestaurant hit a home run introducing this one of kind new Stadium Burger. 100% fresh Canadian beef topped with cheese, pickles, and a secret ingredient of an all beef hot dog
Feed your hunger and help kids get into the game because from now to October 28th, $1 from every burger combo is donated to @kidsportbc! Now that’s what we call a WIN!
My take on Greek #favabeans 🇬🇷
Sometime ago I did a throwback post on my hen’s night that took place in Greece. It was such an amazing day! I learnt a few simple, but delicious recipes from one amazing #santorini chef. This one in particular reminds me of #indiandal . It’s so comforting and nutritious. I love warm dips on a chilly rainy day. Nothing like a plate of this dip with pita bread and some veges. Or if you are anything like me, take a spoon to your homemade dips 😂 No shame here…It’s that good!
2 cups yellow split peas
3- 5 cups of water
3 tablespoons olive oil (for cooking)
2 tablespoon olive oil (Garnish)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
1 clove of garlic - crushed
1 red onion – chopped
1 spoon fresh/dried thyme (I used dried thyme)
Rinse the beans thoroughly
In a pot heat the olive oil (medium heat) and add the onions, crushed garlic and thyme. Saute until the mixture is brown. Now add the peas and salt. Cook for about 45 minutes while continually removing the white form that gathers on top. Half way through the cooking process you can use a potato mash to ensure the mixture turns mushy. Once done, squeeze some lemon juice. Continue to stir until the mixture is creamy. 🇬🇷
The traditional Greek way is to garnish with loads of olive oil and capers.
🔽Why Most Diet Plans Fail🔽
1. DIETS ARE TEMPORARY: Most diet plans don’t encourage you to make small, incremental changes in your lifestyle, instead make you to turn your life inside out for several weeks to help you reach your goal. So what happens once the diet is over? You return to your old eating habits causing your body to return to its former state as well. Big changes don’t last, but small changes do.
2. DIETS FOCUS ON CALORIES: Diets usually have you slash your calorie intake in half. Do you know what happens to when you don't have enough calories coming in? A) You won’t be able to get food off your mind. B) Your hormone levels will change causing you to feel hungry rather than full. C) Your metabolism will slowdown. This means that you will burn fewer calories; therefore, hindering your weight loss.
3. DIETS MAKE YOU HUNGRY: Diets often times have you using willpower instead of science to control your appetite. Controlling cravings is one of the hardest parts of dieting, and once your body and mind feel deprived it makes you want something that much more. Plus, with diets cutting back caloric intake your body wants food and will spike food cravings.
4. DIETS USUALLY DEEM FOODS AS GOOD AND BAD: This leads to a restrictive mindset, which most often results in failure. Being too restrictive with food leads to future binge eating when you can no longer hold back. You can eat the foods you love and still lose weight or gain muscle. If you practice mindfulness and moderation, then you’re not going to derail your progress.
5. DIETS MAKE YOU TIRED: As stated earlier, a huge problem with most diets is that they are often too low in calories. Calories are energy for the body to use to perform daily activities and exercise; therefore, if you don’t consume enough to at least perform daily life activities then your body will be tired.
6. DIETS ARE ONLY PART OF THE EQUATION: Lifetime weight management is more than just watching what you eat; it requires physical activity as well. While your food choices play one of the largest roles in weight loss, the synergy that is created when you combine diet and exercise will help you keep your fat loss moving forward.
Celebrating #nationalcheeseburgerday with the @impossible_foods Vegan Cheeseburger from @harvestseasonal 🍔.
100% Plant-Based Vegan Burger, Bibb lettuce, vegan cheddar, tomato, red onion, on a vegan bun.
S H E P A R D’ S P I E
The ultimate COMFORT food, right?
I used to make my Shepard’s Pie with a secret ingredient...BEER. 🤫
And this healthy version recipe tastes like the REAL deal! Great thing to meal prep in the crock pot and have for lunches during the week. Mr. Lyon’s was packed up to-go this morning! Want the recipe? Simply tag a buddy who might like it too 🙌🏼