Our trip to Idyllwild- Pine Cove is coming to an end. The cabin feels like home, the breathtaking views all encompassing, and the peace that we've sought after has been such a healing. I am sad to go. The trip, far too short, felt like eating much too fast. It is hard to digest, especially with a demanding two-year old. There were gracious moments, small pockets of time that I could hide away for myself. I climbed up into a small reading nook dug into the wall by the windows. They came with closed curtains and I hid there until I could no more. These moments, and even moments that weren't so quiet, I'll have to look back on, to slow down and remember. And as I pack my bags I can only hope that the best of my memories will follow me back home. #idyllwild#pinecove#minivacation#familygetaway#motherhood#parenting#toddlerlife#writer#writing#findpeace#quiet#readmore#joyluckclub#classicbooks#Forest#trees#view#readingnook
How do you keep the memories of your experiences alive?
One of the things I have been doing lately is showing the kids the photos I had taken on our trips just to hear what they remember and what they thought was important or not important to document.
This was Eli’s favorite moment of our weekend down to #capekiwanda and I couldn’t agree with him more. I ❤️ that he still enjoys burying himself in the sand and still plays pretend as he sits high above the Pacific Ocean. I can’t believe this kid will be in middle school next year.
See highlights of the Oregon Coast for more 📷.
Our first holiday as a family of 4 has come to an end and I feel more exhausted then before we went on holidays... some may ask how or why but if you are a mum I'm sure you will understand! Please say you do & that it's not just me.. We had such a lovely time, so much quality family time & was surrounded by lots of family and friends, but 4 people in a double bed with one sleeping sideways whilst insisting to throw limbs around without warning & the other stuck to my nipple (no not hubby🤣) thinking there is a never ending supply of milk on offer, is tiring. If that wasn't enough we added a cold in amongst that too!! But that being said I wouldn't have it any other way, as hubby & I always say, imagine how bored we would be if it was just us!
Ad hoc vacation but we did it and it went well + happening giler walopon asalnya headpening la jugak. 😅😂 Kronologi:
- 2-3 hari ni kental duk carik hotel/resort/chalet/homestay utk family short getaway pada 1/Dec ni tapi call short listed places semua penuh. - petang semalam bukak agoda terjumpa apartment 3 blk di PD dgn harga yg mcm wowwwww sgt! Sblom tu apartment yg sama harga rm550++, eh tetiba pahal rm280++ jer ni.
- tanpa fikir panjang terus zassss tempah n bayar siap! Dah bayar, dpt email ckp your booking date 19.Nov confirmed & paid. Mcm nak terkeluar bijik mata!!! Lps tu boleh pulak otak lemb ingat 19 tu selasa padahal 19 tu hari ni (isnin)!!! Masa tu pukul 6:15pm oke...
- so menangis2 la kat suami ni... Suami ckp xperlah, dah xder rezeki kita la tu.
- pukul 8:30 mlm, usul kat suami... jom kita gi mlm ni nak? Suami kata on!
- terus wasap family group ajak sape nak join. Kakak sulong ngan adik bongsu on! Tingtong tingtong, pukul 8:45 baru dpt kata sepakat, pukul 9 mlm bersiap. Pukul 9:30 mlm bertolak, 10:30 mlm check in. Pergi dgn muka togel + baju tidur jer memasing.
Fuhhhh... nak pecah jantung wak kerja very last min mcm ni. 😅