• Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand • Matt 7:21-26 KJV #bibleverse#scripture#truth#kjvbible#servantofChrist#daughterofaKing#conviction#HolySpirit#Jesus#God#faith#love#faithfullness#faithful
I think the debris that collects in a person's lifetime, can become so entrenched that it's almost invisible. So much so that when one is asked to let it go it seems like there's nothing to give. Alternatively, an individual may be afraid to let go of anything, even if it's garbage, because they don't know how to function without it. But what if letting go is an invitation for satisfaction, safety, stability, and telling a new, more faithful version of one's life story? Would throwing out the garbage be so burdensome, then?
I really thought at one point that God wanted me to suffer. To struggle.
The more I prayed. The more I fasted. The “better” I was… the more God smiled on me. Although I would say out loud that there was no condemnation for me, I didn’t feel it. Not really. And I would struggle to feel like I was good enough. If only I could believe more.
I had all this knowledge and yet… still had the same cycles. Still super codependent. Still in toxic relationships. Still had no boundaries. I would go to church, sing songs, have a beautiful encounter with God over and over again… but still saw no change in my life.
It was exhausting. It was frustrating. And the shame I felt was debilitating.
So how did I create real lasting change?
1) I got really intentional about my healing. I didn’t feel whole and I wanted to know why. I got the right support and was COMMITTED to the journey. (If you’re not committed, it’s not going to happen)
2) I stopped ignoring my feelings. I spent the majority of my life just “getting over it” and truly allowed myself to *feel* This is one of the greatest gifts I ever gave myself, it’s truly a privilege to feel.
3) Before I could allow myself to love myself, I had to get to know myself really well… likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, patterns all of it
4) Cultivated the self-love that changed absolutely everything (and said bye to all that shame)
5) Created habits of SUCCESS
And throughout that journey I finally the Perfect Love that I had been looking and longing for the whole time. The difference was I became a co-creator in the process of my healing. I took responsibility and I was ruthless in my pursuit of wholeness.
Our healing requires our whole being. Our healing requires our hearts. Our healing requires all of us.
Are you all in on your healing?
Our past can often have a way of holding us back if we allow it to. For me, growing up poor in a single parent household sustained in part by government assistance is part of my story but not current reality. *
However, if we’re not careful we will be tempted to make decisions and settle for things in life based upon past circumstances. Our brain will try to tell us that no matter how far you’ve come you’re still that person or that you don’t deserve better. This is a lie and when it tries to come up confront it as such. *
The truth is that we create our own reality not based off of where we came from but off of what we choose to believe. I dare you to believe bigger today. I dare you to believe that greater is possible and then I dare you to go after it!! Don’t let life’s circumstances limit you. You were created for more!! #nowgobegreat#wintheday#winyourfuture#winningwednesday
These Buddha Pillows are luxurious and practical. Cotton stuffed, these pillows bring some style and elegance to your living arrangements. With bold print and colours they really are a stand out piece. Enhance your Zen now.
Hand made to order, this Modern Spiritual Gangster poster is the perfect addition to your home or bedroom. Using vibrant and bold colours the paint is applied to a cotton canvas base used only by professional artists so we can assure the quality is perfect every time!