After a month and a half, we’ve finally made it through Mexico and here’s 10 things we learned:
1. The speed bumps are bastards.
2. Everything else is awesome.
3. The landscapes are beautiful and ever-changing. So much to see!
4. The people are incredibly helpful, hospitable, and well-intentioned. We made some true friends but literally everyone we met was friendly.
5. The food is amazing (and yes, sometimes you’ll pay for it the next day, but it’s a hell of a way to keep the weight off... 😜)
6. We felt perfectly safe all of the time including when we street/wild camped by necessity (and sometimes by choice).
7. Not a single person asked for a bribe.
8. The cops never once stopped us for any reason.
9. The “Level 4 Danger” states (basically “don’t go there or you’ll die” states as dictated by the US) also felt perfectly safe. We drove through 4/5 and had wonderful experiences and these states had some of the best beaches.
10. We absolutely love Mexico and will be back!!!
If you’re concerned about going to Mexico, (or warning others not to based on 2nd hand knowledge) please don’t be. Please take the travel warnings and news with a grain of salt. Heed them and don’t seek out questionable items or places, but don’t let them keep you from exploring.
Once you travel this gorgeous, hospitable country, you’ll see that the majority of those you meet (or 100% of them in our case) are just like us, they want health, wealth, and happiness for themselves and their family and friends.
In short, we’re all more alike than we are different. Make travel, make peace.✌️