Weekends are for extra sweet things 💕. This is a vegan choc banana bread 😊.
People often tell me that when they make treats they eat too much. Why not try freezing some? This bread I'll be slicing up and freezing some for later. Out of sight, out of mind, it can help.
Looking for a little Italian twist on dinner....look no further!
• 2 large carrots ~2 cups
• 2 red potatoes ~2 cups
• 1 small-medium zucchini ~2 and 1/3 cups
• 2 red peppers ~2 cups
• 1 head broccoli ~1 and 1/2 cups
• 16 ounces Smoked Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage ( I like the Aidells Chicken Sausage!) Seasonings
• 1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon EACH: onion powder, dried thyme
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
• 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
• 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (easy clean-up) and set aside.
2. Prep the veggies: *It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same time*
3. Peel and very thinly slice the carrots. Wash and (if desired peel, we love the peel on) chop the red potatoes. You want the pieces quite small here. (I halve the potatoes and then cut each half into 10-12 pieces)
4. Halve the zucchini and then cut *thick* coins of zucchini. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into medium-sized pieces. Chop the sausage into thick coins.
5. Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
6. In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper if desired (I use about 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt) with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
7. Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and thoroughly toss to coat.
8. Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies + sausage and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
9. Remove and top, if desired, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
C u C u M b E r S
a R e
G u C c i 🥒
I love snacks that are crisp and refreshing like cukes. I eat me’ plain or dip em’ in hummus or ranch dressing (YES... ranch dressing 😋t!!). 🥒 are a great source of vitamin K and hydration. Eat up y’all!
You wouldn't feed a child a diet of high sugar, fat and sodium, so why do it to yourself? 🤔 Once we realise that our bodies need to be cared for because we don’t get another one, then we achieve true health and wellbeing 🌿🙌🏼
When the farmer’s market has a sale on summer corn, you just gotta go for it. 🌽👩🏻🌾
(We know it’s not strictly #whole30 , but we just couldn’t pass this one up. 🌾 Fresh corn is a part of our #foodfreedomforever lifestyle.)
I’ve been on the go all day long trying to make sure I’m ready for my dietetic internship (starts MONDAY!!) We start off with a week orientation but I’m still nervous 🙈😬 My fam and I are headed out to dinner soon but here’s a dinner we whipped up earlier this week ☝🏽
Grilled branzio seasoned with garlic, lemon, S+P and topped with fresh basil then sautéed some veggies in a skillet with simply S+P and more garlic (duh) and a side kale salad massaged with olive oil, lemon juice and salt then added in @traderjoes sun dried tomatoes, olives, and parmesan! Meant to add pines too but forgot 🤦🏽♀️ ....Happy friYAY😃
So I have been trying to teach my kids about proper nutrition.
I do not want them to fall into the trap I knew for so long, trying fad diets and failing over and over. I want them to understand what they need to put into their body to be healthy.
They do pretty well they all eat vegetables in some form or another and love fruit but I know there is still gaps that we just can't fill no matter how hard we try.
They LOVE this shake and I love giving it to them!
It's full of all the stuff they won't get as they are going from swim practice 🏊 to tennis matches🎾, to football games🏈 and orchestra rehearsals🎻... We are always on the go and I want them to have what they need to be their best!
Made with a million good things specifically for children! Makes my mom heart happy that they will not fight the battle I fought over and over for my early adult life!
I want better for them and I know this is starting them off strong and healthy!
What's even better is its on SALE this week!! I know we will be picking up more because they can't get ENOUGH. If you want to know more send me a dm or drop an emoji below! ❤️❤️
Vegan chick’n nuggets???? Whaaaaaat😍😝
Decoded to try something out of the norm with vegan nuggets made with blended chickpeas and all sorts of spices to get that awesome chicken flavour 👍🏻
Served the chick’n nuggets with vegan broccoli bites and roasted garlic potatoes 🤩
Chickpeas, garlic powder, sautéed onion, mustard, nutritional yeast, paprika, pepper and salt. Breaded with Panko, blended rolled oats, and crushed corn flakes
👑definitely recommend trying this recipe if you’re trying to go vegetarian 🤷🏻♀️
There is nothing I ♡ more in life than getting home from a tough day at work and having my meal half-prepped for me already [ thank you @greenchef ]! Naan smothered in veggies is always a good idea.
Eggplant Gyros w Artichoke/Olive Relish & Tahini Sauce + Chard/Tomato/Roasted Red Pepper Salad w Mint-Parsley Vinaigrette.. Topped w Fresh Basil from my patio garden 🌱
Cheers to the weekend!
Heck YEAH it’s Friday! Have you been to @yeahburger lately? Not only do they still have their original gluten-free vegan burger (beans & brown rice ftw) they’ve totally beefed 🐮 up *pun intended* their vegan options lately, adding the @beyondmeat AND @impossible_foods AND @followyourheart vegan cheeses 🧀. Aka if you’re vegan, dairy free, or just want to try out something new for meatless Monday, don’t sleep on @yeahburger. I went with @guacandrollbaby earlier this week and here’s what i got: vegan patty, vegan pepper jack, tempeh bacon, onion, jalapeño and tomato in a collard wrap. 💁🏻♀️ Who’s going back with me next time?