Fall salad perfect for colder weather 🍁 Its a lot easier to reach our nutrition and fitness goals in the spring and summer when the weather gets warmer, we're active outdoors, and we're craving fresh foods! Then the fall/winter comes around, holiday season takes over, and we crave more comfort, warm, and filling foods! This salad was the perfect combo of comfort, flavor, and nutrition 👌🏻 • Red leaf lettuce
• Purple kale
• Roasted butternut squash
• Egg whites (can substitute vegan alternative)
• Dressing: fresh lemon juice, tahini, maple syrup
💊Lets look at the Macro mineral Iodine💊
🏋️♂️Iodine is a Macro mineral that is essential for optimal health, it helps the thyroid function and thyroid hormone conversation. This is important as it affects metabolism, energy and weight management and it is also necessary for the growth and the development of the central nervous system in children.
🥦It is not a mineral that you will find commonly in plant foods, this is due to very low mineral Iodine levels in the soil- as the minerals levels in food are only as good as the soil they were grown in!……. A bit of a side note, but this is why you should be trying eating organic or spray free when you can!!!…….
💊The RDI of Iodine Is 150mg a day, with the best natural sources of iodine found in sea vegetables such as kelp(1mg= 2400mcg), nori (1mg=16–43 mcg) and wakame( 1mg=66mcg). You may be thing what the heck is that? This is a common response, as these food are not always/never present in the western diet! I would recommend you try to find some in your local again grouses, they can be eaten on there own, mixed through a salad or you could make you run sushi! My favourite!
🤒What about Iodise table salt?….The iodine found is salt is not a natural thing, in the early 1900s the disease Goitre become present in many people. To help fight this, Iodine was added to salt as it was a food that was consumed every day. In today's society salt is over consumed and added to a lot of Processed foods, meaning that we are hitting our iodine levels but we are also putting our selves at risk of the issues with over-consumption of salts such as stiffening of blood vessels, leading to high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke
🤔If salt isn’t your thing and Seaweed is a bit too foreign for you then you can always look at supplementation. Iodine can come in Drops or Kelp tablets. but care needs to be taken when using supplementation as this may lead to an intake of iodine beyond the safe upper level of intake.
❓So are you getting enough iodine in your diet⁉️
My favourite breakfast at the moment 😻 I have been enjoying myself a little more since coming off Keto... I know how important it is to be healthy, especially as an athlete. I still stay away from processed food, sugar, most types of dairy, and most gluten. I’m still healing my leaky gut so am very careful with what I’m consuming, however I know that you need to enjoy food and not make it a stress thing. If dieting makes you stressed maybe it’s not for you... that doesn’t mean eat whatever you want tho! It’s still important to eat healthy, nutritious food, that is beneficial to you and that your body agrees with. For healing leaky gut I stay away from the things mentioned above because those things trigger it. For breakfast I have been loving my organic fruit, nut and seed muesli cooked in water to soften it up, served with pear, cacao, strawberries and probiotic Kafier yoghurt.
Self care during times of grief and loss.
I just wanted to touch on this topic as it is very real for me right now. I’ll be the first to admit I have not been perfect with my self care lately, but shouldn’t expect to be. BUT not being perfect does not mean you should neglect self care entirely. Below are some basics that I think should be prime focus during challenging times to help look after yourself. .
Keep it simple - it is unlikely you are going to be running on the same energy level you would usually. Simplify your self care routines. Eg. If you usually train 5 days aim to hold yourself accountable to 3 days (or every other day). Focus on adequate sleep, plenty of water and light activity. .
Cover the basics - your appetite will likely be off (either under or over active or both). So make sure when you do eat you are aiming for quality. Fruit, vegetables and good quality proteins and fats.
Make time to sit with emotion - you cannot expect to just ignore something and for it to be resolved. Like all things in life, it takes work to reach a resolution. Make time for yourself to work through how you are feeling and if it gets too much seek help. (Lifeline Australia - 13 11 14)
Be kind to yourself - treat yourself how you would treat others in the same situation. You above all others deserve your compassion.
Pre-Order your FUEL BCAA product on FTPerformanceLabs.com today!
Click the Pre-Order link and ensure that your shipment of FUEL BCAA will be in your possession before our November 1 release date!
USE CODE: Dmoney
También son conocidos como huevos 🥚 y pollos 🐓 “de pastoreo”.
Son productos naturales, libres de químicos, producidos en un ambiente sano y libre para el animal.
¿Esto influye en el producto final que llevamos a nuestra mesa? Seguro que sí. 🐥
Los pollos criados en granjas industriales pasan por procesos de confinamiento y estrés que causan gran sufrimiento al animal, también son expuestos a métodos de crecimiento acelerado y estimulación del apetito que trastocan todas sus funciones biológicas (descanso, alimentación, crecimiento). 🤔¿Crees que la forma en que son criados y alimentados los animales que consumes impacta de alguna forma tu salud? 🤔¿Conoces proveedores en Panamá de huevos y pollos de patio? 🤔¿Te interesa conocer más de este tema?
Comparte en los comentarios 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
Šovakar tapa pildītais ķirbītis 🤤. Sastāvdaļas: mazais ķirbis, maltā gaļa, sviests, burkāni, sīpoli, šampinjoni, rīsi, sāls, malti melnie pipari, ola. 1. Ķirbim nogriež tādu kā cepurīti/vāciņu - var atstāt ar visu kātiņu.
2. Ja ķirbis, noliekot uz galda virsmas, nestāv taisni, var mazliet piegriezt apakšpusi, lai piepildīts cepeškrāsnī stāv kā ķipis; negriez pārāk daudz, tad viss labums cepot iztecēs.
3. Izņem sēklas un mazliet izdobj arī mīkstumu, atstājot aptuveni 2 - 4 cm, atkarībā no ķirbja lieluma.
4. Gatavo pildījumu – jauktai maltai gaļai (var arī medījuma) pievieno sviestā saceptus diezgan daudz burkānus un sīpolus, ja ir, tad saceptas bekas no ledusskapja, ja ne – var sacept šampinjonus, bet var iztikt arī bez, un noteikti jau novārītus rīsus, sāli, piparus, garšvielas – "Anniņa" bez sāls utt. pēc patikas, ķiploku un 1-2 olas, atkarībā no daudzuma. Visu to labi samīca un iepilda ķirbja vēderā, uzliek ķirbim vāciņu.
5. Uzstutē to uz cepešpannas un iestumj cepeškrāsnī 180*C cep ilgi - ~ 2-3 stundas, ja liels, tad vēl ilgāk.
6. Tad nāk tas skaistākais. Kad ķirbis gatavs, to veselu liek uz galda, saimniece klausās sajūsmināto viesu izsaucienus, tad noņem vāciņu un ar lielu karoti garā kātā dala porcijās ar visu ķirbja mīkstumu. Pāri parasti paliek tikai izdobtā ķirbja miza.
7. Klāt var pasniegt krējuma mērci ar zaļumiem, ja vēlies tomātveidīgu mērci, kartupeļus, ja kādam vajag, vai vienkārši graudu maizi. #pildītsķirbis#pumpkin#ķirbis#uzturs#svars#ēdienkarte#ēdamlabi#ēdiens#food#vakariņas#dinner#veselīgaēšana#healthy#healthyfood#healthylifestyle#veselīgi#veselīgaizvēle#veselīgs#veselīgsuzturs#sabalansētsuzturs#tievējam#tievējamveselīgi#tievējamgudri#challange#izaicinājums#eathealthy#eathealthyfood#vesela#veselība