In 1875, a private corporation was formed to help John Sigwalt move his foundry factory from Chicago to Arlington Heights. The two-story factory was built on Kensington Road with the help of Arlington Heights residences. The residences subscribed $11,000 in cash and real estate to assist in the building of the structure.
In 1883, the company was sold to Diamond Sewing Machine Company. In 1895, a fire destroyed the foundry; J. Harris purchased the ruins, rebuilt and presided over the company until his death in 1901.
Top Standing against building (Left to Right): Henry Firnbach, William Alberts
Top Row (Left to Right): John Tesch, Michael Oefelein, Jos. Horcher Jr., unknown, John Hefferen, WM. Niemann, Otto Firnbach, Rudolph Lauterburg Jr. Charles Dieball, George Schneider, Ed. Schmidt Feltz Sr., Fred Traub
Middle Row(Left to Right): ? Dieball, Unknown, Chas. Segebrecht, Jos. Goedke, Henry Marselle, F. Krumwiede, HansDiethorm, Kaspar Oefelein, WM. Schoepke, Lawrence Traub, Richard Perrin, JAMES HARRIS,
Bottom (Left to Right): WM. Hefferen, B. Felz, B. Tesch, Hy. Doering, C. Segebrecht Jr., Fred Lips, Tim Kellogg, Wm. Schirling, Jas. Johnson, Geo. Kuhn, Chas. Bleimehl, George Peter