Enjoy the fly in nature lights.
Sunset and the free fall.
We are taking you to Bir Billing this 23-26 nov to awaken the bird in you... 😉😋
Cost: 3300/- pp (all inclusive)
DM for details.
Day 1:Bir -Bir Campsite
The bus reaches Bir in the wee hours of the morning, and then we leave for Bir Campsite.
• Check-in at your camp and freshen up.
• Once you get to Campsite, the awe is going to get to you. The majestic beauty of this place is more than a little overwhelming.
• Take a break, and have lunch, this is included in your package – Eat as much as you like, make up for those pesky calories you will burn in the trek.
• Explore the surroundings as we go for trekking in Bir Forest and waterfall Hike.
• Enjoy the bonfire bonanza with evening snacks. (Unless by some twist of fate, it ends up raining; although we sure hope not.)
• You have dinner at the camp, which is again included in the package.
• Go to sleep early (or at least try), you do need to prepare for the Paragliding the next day.
Rendezvous with Sky
• Wake-up and have an early Breakfast.
• Experience the adventure of Para-Gliding in the ‘Paragliding capital of India’ at the height of 2400m!
• Get ready to discover what Bir is all about. We will be visiting Bhattu and look around the town on our mountain bikes!
• The rest of the day is at leisure, enjoy Tibetan Refugee settlement donned with Buddhist monasteries and a large stupa.
• After getting there, you can wander around clicking pictures, stuffing yourself with Tibetan food, and meeting the locals until about 6 pm – that’s when we leave for Delhi. .
Pic Credits: @ianeesharoy
As I sit back and recapitulate this trip, I realise that there are a few things I did which I have never done before. To set the context, I am a bit of a planner. I don’t rely on booking tickets at the last minute, so forget about figuring out a way of reaching from point A to B on the go. And that’s exactly what I did this time. Took one of those non-AC running buses to Bir at 6 in the morning with no assurance of there being a bus at all during that time. To top it up, I was trying to be too adventurous at Bir and lost my way as a result of that.
This led to me hitchhiking for the first time in my life - something I never thought I would ever do, that too in India of all places (thankfully he was the sweetest truck driver - mountain people, I tell you!). And eventually took another running bus back to McLeodganj. These things might not seem like a big deal, but they are a good indication of the fact that I have finally loosened up and started to take it easy.
P.S. I do not encourage hitchhiking, especially if you are a solo woman travelling in India. I did it in the broad daylight and of course because it was Himachal Pradesh. And trusted my gut too. That’s all for today. Happy Diwali, guys :) #mcleodganj#triundtrek#triund#himachalpradesh#himalayas#dhauladhar#dhauladharrange#mountains#hike#trek#solotravel#solotrip