First stop key west. Starting to feel a little better. Love the houses here and little cute shops everywhere. Lots of walking and sightseeing. Today we walked to the Hemingway house and then to the southern most part of US.
•Ricominciare da meno di zero
E finalmente sollevare il velo
E raccontarvi veramente
Non l'immagine vincente che la gente prova a vendere di sè..
Non voglio vivere su un grattacielo
Solo sputare indietro un po' il veleno
E raccontarmi veramente lo spettacolo riprende
Benvenuti a tutti quelli come me✨•
Reminder!! As you may know, #WTJRC hosts a book drive every year to benefit The Jamaica Library Service (JLS) in Ocho Rios, #Jamaica . We’re asking cruisers to bring a new or used children’s book to the cause. If all cruisers bring 1 book, we would have over 3,000 books to donate! Let’s make an impact bigger than ever for our 5th Year Anniversary. Drop off your donations anytime before we get to #OchoRios at our official WTJRC cruise kiosk or the merch store, located on the Promenade, Deck 5.
Okay. I am back from the land of catching up on life post-vacation and have gotten sufficient baby snuggles (as if it’s possible to ever get enough)! My calendar still says October and my to-do list is months outdated, but that’s my life. Sometimes I’ve got it all together and I’m the Superest Mom, and sometimes I’m too busy loving on my family to be everything at once! 🤷♀️
For those of you wondering about my trip, we flew to Barcelona for a couple of days, then hopped on a ship and floated allllll the way across the Atlantic to Florida. Here’s some things that I learned:
1. If you are a land explorer like me and love observing culture and seeing sights, a crossing cruise is not for you.
2. Art auctions and Bingo are good ways to waste a couple hours of your day when you have 9 sea days in a row and all the pools/activities are cancelled due to choppy waters.
3. Most people with higher perceived statuses on cruises have an entitlement problem and think they deserve everything for free and at the snap of their fingers. If you go on a cruise, thank every crew member that comes in contact with you and tell them how much you appreciate their hard work. They are human too and have been away from their families for months. Have some compassion for them and recognize that they are doing their best.
4. You should never let your personal values slide because of someone else’s inability to respect you and things that you find important.
5. Oils, oils, oils. Seriously, I thought I overpacked my oils and I found that I needed them for everything, especially in dealing with in-laws. From supporting my immune function and anxiety, to helping manifest some amazing things (more on this later), I used them for everything! All day, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. You can never be too careful with 6,000+ people on one ship!
Overall, I am super happy to be back and glad to be back in the grind of my daily life. Looking forward to next year’s trips where we’ll be going to Mexico, Italy and Greece, and the Caribbean. This life gets better and better if you’ll allow it! .
How are you making your dreams a reality? Where will your travels take you this coming year?