15/24 🎄 FLAXSEED
For centuries, flax seeds have been prized for their health-protective properties.
In fact, Charles the Great ordered his subjects to eat flax seeds for their health. So it's no wonder they acquired the name Linum usitatissimum, meaning "the most useful."
My top ten health benefits:
1. A study involving 3638 people found that those who ate more ALA (flaxseeds are a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid ALA) had a lower risk of heart attack than those who consumed less ALA
2. Flax Seeds Are a Rich Source of Lignans, Which May Reduce Cancer Risk
3. With so much fiber packed in each tiny seed, adding flax seeds to your diet promotes regular bowel movements and can improve your digestive health.
4. According to a study with people with diabetes found that taking 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder daily for one month resulted in a 12% increase on „good“ hdl cholesterol
5. Flaxseed have been proven to lower blood pressure and are especially helpful for those with high blood pressure
6. Flaxseed are a good source of plant-based protein and can be an alternative protein source for people who do not eat meat
7. Flax seeds may lower blood sugar due to their insoluble fiber content. They can be a beneficial addition to the diet of people with diabetes
8. Flax seeds keep you full for longer and may help you manage your weight by controlling your appetite
9. Flax seeds are versatile can be easily added to your daily diet. There are a variety of recipes you can try
10. They taste good 😉
So guys, don’t forget to grind your flax otherwise they will oxidize (not as much as some people claim no worries) and you will lose some of the benefits.
Have a great Saturday!
Adivinha quem devia estar na sapataria bem agora, mas tá em casa cozinhando e tirando foto....😬
É a vida....às vezes as coisas não acontecem como a gente planeja. Faz parte....
Em compensação, fotografar a comida me diverte, e isso tá me ajudando a encontrar um tempo que eu "decidi" que não tinha (e talvez realmente não tenha) para me alimentar um pouco melhor...
Vai que chegou ao fim a era de viver de pão com coisas, bolacha e salgadinho...🙏
Além disso, Mr. DJ tá em casa, e se eu matar o coitado de fome quem mais nesse mundo inteiro vai me suportar???😕
Panqueca de cenoura, macarrão de abobrinha crua (é uma delícia!!!) temperado com pimenta do reino, tico de sal (não sou fã de sal...) e azeite, e tomatinhos com orégano e azeite.
("De novo abobrinha e tomate?!?!? Tem outra coisa na geladeira não???" Tem sim, mas eu gosto de abobrinha e tomate e se der prá preparar eu como todo dia a vida inteira, porque sim.😉)
Que a compaixão supere o seu paladar, e que o sábado seja doce e feliz.
Do yourself a favour and grab the Grandma Oproer burger over at Meneer Smakers while they still serve it. Sooo good! 😍🍔 Be sure to ask for the vegan mayo to dip the fries in 😉 @oproerbrouwerij @meneersmakers
I thought I’d mess around in the kitchen to make up my own version of a spicy black bean sauce. Despite all my junk food posts I do eat a lot of vegetables, tofu and other healthy foods which I often just eat plain, however sometimes it’s nice to spice things up!
1 tbsp sesames oil
1 tbsp water
1 diced onion
2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 jar fermented black beans with chilli 🌶
Sauté the onion and ginger with the oil and water on a low heat until soft. Add the sugar and vinegar and stir until melted. Add the fermented beans and simmer over a low heat.
Add to stir fried vegetables, tofu or another meat substitute.
I followed that vegan cafe @neue liebe a year ago and finally my beautiful little daughter @shamsosman took me there to have together the most fresh & delicious vegan croissant I've ever tasted.
Vegan butter, vegan croissant & several nice pastes & bread.❤😋 Thank you mesho🤗😘😍 #veganbreakfast#crueltyfreefood
This one is for my Danish followers, as I've written a Danish article about vegan food on a student budget. To my English followers, a lot of this information is also on my blog in English.
Jeg har bidraget med en lille artikel om Vegansk mad som studerende. Vegansk Magasin er til at downloade gratis på veganskforalle.dk
Jeg håber i vil følge med i Vegansk Magasin, som er skabt af frivillige med @ditte_gad som gør et kæmpe arbejde som redaktør ❤
Knus derude, og ha' en god og SU venlig jul 😆