This week is @justacard Indie Week celebrating Artists, Makers, Independent Shops and Small Businesses. Its carefully timed as an uprising against Black Friday, which is the indie’s Death Star, overshadowing small businesses, makers and independents working really hard to create amazing things with a love and passion that shines through in their creations.
I'll be taking part in their 5 day Instagram challenge to help promote #justacardindieweek and remind people to think twice before they jump onto Amazon and look a bit further at all the incredible ‘indies’ out there. .
Day 1 is YOU, ten facts about me! So here they are...
1. I am very indecisive (I couldn't even decide which facts to write so picked them out of a hat) although I can decide when it comes to important things.. usually!
2. I live in Tonbridge in Kent and grew up in Tunbridge Wells where my Mum and Dad still live.
3. My name is Imogen but most of my family call me Tilda
4. I love running (as of this year) and I came second female to Dame Kelly Holmes in our local park run in the summer 🙌🏻 I struggled to find a photo of me that wasn’t pre or post run, so I went with an @parkrunuk volunteering shot instead!
5. I don’t like baths, I get too hot, but I am envious of people who enjoy them
6. We have a taxidermy Partridge called Alan (a wedding present from our brilliant friends)
7. All our house plants have names, which my husband chooses so he can remember the different types. My favourite is Amelia the Pilea (Peperomioides) who is having babies and I'm very excited. The cactus is called Chris. 🌵
8. I love Midsomer Murders, it's a little bit rubbish but so great 🧐
9. I have a terrible terrible memory (probably why I can watch Midsomer Murders episodes more than once, I never remember who did it!)
10. I love calligraphy. It’s not my job and I do it because I really really love it. Everything is done in my spare time at weekends and evenings when I get home, so sometimes it’s a bit full on, but I love it and I’m glad I get to share things with lots of lovely people who understand and appreciate it. .
11. I love Star Wars (not relevant but always important) .
Why #DIY when you can buy already made?!😱🤔🤔🤔The question I get asked when I started the company.😖🤯
DIY, or Do it Yourself is not new. People have been DIYing since, well since forever, literally. However, like many other things, technological progress has taken us away from making and creating...
DIY facilitates that need while embracing creativity, mutual encouragement and the celebration of successful DIYing. DIY has seemingly tapped into a basic human been to create, to enhance, to push the limits of what one can do with little to no expense or elaborate resources ,people use DIY as a healthy way to escape from the stress of every-day life. They tap into creativity they didn't even know they possessed. I must confess that I feel more rewarded when It’s handmade by me.
What do you make yourself instead of buying?
Following the dreaded Black Friday and Cyber Monday... @justacard have launched #INDIE WEEK! A week to celebrate small business, shops, artists and crafters! For all my followers I'll be giving you the chance to get to know me better, starting with 10 facts about me!
1. I'm married and have been a homeowner for 2 and a half years now. 🏡
2. I have a pet house rabbit, Dougie (who often features in my Macramé posts). 🐇
3. I work for a children's charity part-time whilst also studying at university part-time. 📖
4. I love elephants!!! 🐘 (who doesn't?!?!)
5. I have been practicing Macramé for a year now but have always been interested in Arts & Crafts. I often like to paint with watercolours when I get chance!🖌️
6. I love to keep fit! Mainly playing football and Yoga. I also trained as a football coach a few years back! ⚽
7. I spent 6 months living in Sao Paulo, Brazil and can speak Portuguese! 🇧🇷
8. My favourite foods include anything spicy!!
9.I have a big family and love spending time with them all.
10. I love reading books around mindfulness, creativeness and getting the most out of life. 🌼
It's Just A card week! Day 1 is all about showing the face behind the screen and giving 10 facts about yourself. #justacard is a wonderful campaign that champions small businesses and makers and shows people that even just buying one thing like a card, pin or book from an independent business makes all the difference to keeping them open. It really is an amazing campaign so do check their Instagram page out @justacard .
10 facts about me:
1. My name is Becky and I make greetings cards, cross stitch patterns and jewellery making kits.
2. I'm from Shropshire, a beautiful county sandwiched inbetween Wales and the West Midlands.
3. I am really excited about a range of children's Craft kits I am working on at the moment.
4. My favourite things to do when not creating are reading, walking in the hills and cuddling dogs.
5. I am a permanent fringe ditherer, when I have one it annoys me and when I don't I miss it!
6. I love being outside and get stir crazy inside very quickly.
7. I love meeting people and chatting with them but I'm actually quite shy.
8. I chose Daffodowndilly as a brand name because I love daffodils and it's an old Shropshire name for them.
9. My favourite colour combo is blues and yellows.
10. I love scandinavian design and would love to visit Sweden at some point.
Gala of Gifts 🎁
Let me just take a moment to share about this wonderful one of a kind show! Running Dec 1 and 2. At the Art Gallary of southwestern Manitoba. They have amazing crafters, artists, and bakers.
They have a Gala Bar, Cafe, live music and a whole lot going on!
This Gala started in 1988 and is going strong!
Please come down and support this amazing event that I am proud to be part of. 🙌
It's time for the Creative Intervention Gift-It Guide! (please note, this does not have to be furniture or paint-related. If you have a product that would be a great gift, post it!! Socks, gloves, soaps, art, whatever you've got - let's see it!) Here's how it works: Follow me on FB at Creative Intervention. (link in my profile) Then find this post and 👇🏻 1)Post your business link (website/etsy or Facebook) and Instagram handle in the comments below.
2)Include a at least 2-3 ideas of gifts you have to offer and who they would be perfect for.
3)Attach one photo to your comment so we can see what you've got!
4) Let us know how to order!
We'll be featuring our faves on Saturday, 11/24 during our Small Business Takeover on Instagram.
Now's your chance to pimp your products that would be the perfect holiday gift for friends and family.
I can't wait to see what you've got!!
Loved making this cake topper for a 60th party
Made with food safe acrylic and 100% woolfelt flowers
I have a couple of 'I am one toppers in stock if you'd like to order. Any 3 coloured roses and any colour tassels
Today we are featuring this bright and fun quilt from Debbie in Tennessee. Here is her story:
--- I have been quilting for 35+ years. I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. This was a mystery quilt that I participated in with an online quilt forum. The fabric inspiration was the Texas Bluebonnets and state flag of the state where I once lived, met and married my husband 38 years ago. I have gifted most of the quilts I have made, and because of the sentimental feeling associated with this quilt, I am planning on keeping it. Each week for 7 weeks, we received a new clue. So, given that I still work full time, this took me approximately 2 months to complete. I will be loading it soon on my longarm to begin quilting it. Quilting is my passion...
My quote: “A loving quilt made from the heart, will always be a treasured piece of art.” ---
If you have a project you would like to share with us, please email us at email@example.com Thanks!
Do you need a #Christmas gift idea for the creative crafter in your life? Give them a decorated mason jar filled with their favorite #crafts ! Check out our full DIY video here: https://paperm.art/diyxmscrft