TANGY INDIAN CONDIMENT MADE FROM MINT AND CORIANDER
By Neha Sethi
August 16, 2018
Thankfully enough, Indian cuisine is not only restricted to lavish spread of cuisines and traditional desserts and is much more to that. There are plenty of chutneys, aka condiments that go well with every Indian meal you can think of. ‘Pudina’ is the native name for Mint so this chutney is predominantly made from fresh mint leaves and a handful of coriander leaves as well. A great way to compliment your dishes and even goes well with some of the sandwiches too. Take a look at the recipe:
Things to keep in mind:
• Tanginess is obtained from dry mango powder (amchur). You can use squeeze of half a lemon in place of this too. • Adding too much onion gives a raw taste and flavor which many of us might detest. You can reduce the qty of onion. • Qty of green chilies can be adjusted as per your spice level tolerance. • Depending on if you want more of mint or coriander flavor, you can balance the quantities of mint leaves and coriander leaves. It can even be 1 bunch each of both for a more balanced flavor.
Pudina Chutney Recipe:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Pudina leaves: 2 bunch
Coriander leaves: 1 bunch
Onion: 2 small, or 1 medium sized
Green chilies: 3 to 4
Sugar: 3/4th tbsp
Salt: ½ tbsp
Dry mango powder: 1.5 tbsp
1. Put all the ingredients mentioned above in the blender.
2. Check for seasoning. Add more salt, sugar or dry mango powder if reqyured.
3. Blend to form a smooth paste. #ediblestoriesbyneha
Grated tomato chutney:
It's quick & Easy to cook.
1. Grate 12 tomatoes and 3 onions in a bowl, and to it add 1/4tsp each of cumin powder, turmeric powder , garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 3/4 tsp chilly powder, salt 2taste, few coriander leaves, 1 green chilli. Mix well with clean hands.
2. In a kadai, heat 30 ml oil, add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds and few curry leaves, 1 bay leaf. Now add the grated tomato and onions mixture. Stir well and let it come to a boil.
3. Turn the flame to medium. Cover the kadai and cook for 5 - 8 minutes. 📌do not add water.
4. Serve it with plain rice or with rotis or idli's, dosas.
⚪THE SECOND ANNUAL WHITE OUT!⚪
The official pre Soca Kingdom party!
•Free admission before midnight!
•$15 tickets after 12!
•Free admission all night for anyone with a Soca Kingdom ticket!
•$100 before midnight •$4 drinks before 11pm!
💨Hookah in all Flavors💨 •Group of 4 ladies get a free hookah!
🗓 Sunday Sept 02 2018
📍Elevate Sky Lounge
123-07 Liberty Ave, Richmond Hill NY 11419
💳 Strictly 21+ ID Required!
🔊🎤 DJ Ryan Sayeed | DJ Stiff | Mr. Backyard
📞 For Info//VIP:
Bunty: (917) 635-5390
Elevateskylounge: (718) 662-3536
📲 DM: @lashlife_ent