Heerlijke vakantie gehad met me meisje nu alweer een weekje terug en het blijft een gemis.... de zon, de 30+graden overdag, de zee maarja nu weer werken en aan de slag op naar de volgende reis.
Tag friends that would like to visit Aruba and see these flamingos in person. Video by @matiasbasso10 ━━━━━━━━━
All week long we will be featuring the Caribbean. Hashtag your best pictures/videos taken in the #caribbean with #luxwt or #luxuryworldtraveler for a chance to be featured.
"Dream Big, Eat Well & Travel
“When one of the biggest earthquakes in Haiti took place, I was studying in America. As soon as I got back from school and saw the news, my initial reaction was to call home. But all the lines were dead, so I couldn’t get in touch with anyone. Imagine for two weeks, you have no contact with your family, what do you do? Are you going to remain positive or will you go down that negative route and prepare for the worst? So many scenarios played in my mind. Two weeks later, my phone rang in class, which is prohibited but they made an exception for me. On the other end of the line was one of my siblings in Haiti, who told me everyone was fine. I burst into tears that day. Then my mom spoke to me and said something that still resonates with me today: ‘What’s going on in Haiti is what’s going on in Haiti. We sent you to America so you can get a better education and life. Why are you worrying about the things in Haiti that are out of your control? You’re just causing yourself problems. Focus on what you need to do. If you can help us, then great. But if there’s nothing you can do about our situation then don’t even think about it.’ This is how I learned the ability to focus to the point of being cold. Now I’m actually trying to unteach myself that because I’ve been doing it for so many years that I’ve started to forget how it feels to not be cold. It’s a balancing act.”
T H E C A R L A J A N E S H O W
The day I went to 10 Downing street. WOW! .
So after singing at Westminster Abbey during the first national Windrush day honouring our forefathers I was invited to a reception at Downing Street. ,
I had the privilege of taking this picture with a war veteran 👏🏽👏🏽 such a lovely man. I believe his name is Alan Wilcott. The officer with him was very funny. He ecouraged us to take pictures by the front door for Proof that we were there 🤣 ,
#Windrush#Westminsterabbey#10downingstreet#Singer#Afro windrushday2018 #honour#Jamaica#Caribbean
Definitely nothing low-key about it 😉😘 The “Love Lock” is one of the many special attractions of 🇨🇼, aptly named after the Portuguese word meaning “for the heart” -
1) Taste of the Caribbean with European flair 🇳🇱 & island-vibes 🌴, Curaçao has the best of both 🌎’s & also 55 different nationalities. The people are beyond lovely, but operate on island ⏰ so go in with relaxed expectations!
2) The capital Willemstad became a @UNESCO World Heritage site in 1997 for its unique multicolored architecture ❤️💛💚💙💜 & Dutch heritage. A must-see!
3) Plantation 🏡’s are well-preserved, defining the past. And some have been beautifully converted, like Landhuis De Goede Hoop, where you can 🛏 overnight or have 🧀 & 🍷 by a private pool
4) Queen Emma Bridge is supported by 16 floating “pontoons” & is☝🏽of the few remaining floating bridges around the 🗺
5) Finally, the beaches 🏖. While Curaçao claims 38 beaches with beautiful offshore nature & 🐠, I can claim I’ve stayed at the best beach resort 🙃 @SBRCuracao is the only 5 🌟 property with☝🏽of the best ⛳️ courses
*If there were one memory to sum up our trip, it would be this: https://youtu.be/Y8zzG4n8CpM 💃🏽🕺🏽#SahilAndKash#MeetTheHathis