• got up and on the road early to drive from #Rouen to La Rochelle! The drive was pleasant and relaxed, with some amazing views. The French countryside is absolutely wonderful, with small towns and villages dotted along the highways. •
• arrived at our hotel, very cute and #Bijoux on first appearances but by check out this morning we were less than impressed with the overall experience. The beds were not comfortable, the WiFi didn’t work on the top floor, and the front of house staff were rather rude to myself and very rude to my mother (they crossed a line there!) and so we will not be going back unfortunately. •
• Feeling ready for a day of exploring, I tried to teach daddy to pout, and then he photobombed my selfie. See results above... ☝🏻😂 •
• But then, out of nowhere, daddy SMASHED the candid-walk photo. He should be on the cover of @jackandjones next catalogue! • • We wandered towards town and had some good family bonding time, eating and drinking our way around town not taking many photos, just enjoying the town and spending time together! •
• We finished off the day with some amazing Indian food from Shalimar and then wandering back through town to the @carrefourfrance for supplies #roadtriplife#iforgotmytoothbrush •
• we had planned on catching up with @itv @unforgotten_itv but without WiFi we couldn’t do they do we went to sleep early and woke up feeling rather deflated after a terrible nights sleep. •
• all in all, a nice second day, just a shame the hotel left us all tired and achey, BUT off to #Spain we go!
• NEXT STOP: SAN SEBASTIAN •