Greetings and salutations! Blackthorne issue 0 has been nominated for best comic of 2018 in the @cancomicswiki awards! Kindly check out the link below and vote for your favorite Calgarian vigilante! And while you are there, if you wanted to throw my name in the writer and artist categories...that would be super cool of you too!! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJpcJC3ThWZnl6hsPOLoWXuqwU5aNRjtt3up0D6Hu5tgD8Fg/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0as2zg_kRtY3o6R0Zyx1DgBDU1pT8aqeIbhez4kI83uJ5FKjdCoyEu_co
@thetorontostar, thanks for the print shout-out, just need to issue a few corrections that weren’t addressed in time.
1. We are officially called The Canada Comics Open Library
2. We are not a genre library! We believe comics are a powerful medium for storytelling, and we are trying to work against classifying them as a genre.
3. Our Canadian Cartoonist Database resource focuses on highlighting Canadian cartoonists, not cartoonists from around the world. Our catalogue has both Canadian comics and comics from around the world!
4. There are unfortunately many inherited shortcomings in standard cataloguing taxonomies, not “shortcuts”, although some may view them as such; there are librarian-driven initiatives to address these shortcomings— we are trying to contribute!
5. Our lovely homepage comic was created by Ben Harvey and Anthony Armstrong.
6. We are a big fan of initiatives @torontolibrary that showcase comics, from curated subject displays to programs inviting comics creators and artists into the library!
We are a grassroots non-profit special library, trying to create a unique community space to supplement and strengthen existing comics communities.
Please visit our website or contact us if you have any further questions!
I was inspired by all the Awesome Artists at the @ottawacc_official this last weekend and I have been
Inking a new page of Dick Simian in Valet Buddha Parking 2. I will have issue 2 on sale at the Ottawa Comiccon in May and some other surprises. More news to follow. 😎👍