(Текст по-русски ниже)
Today we end the series of posts about tights. By popular demand we'll discuss a grey area topic of wearing tights with open shoes. It is acceptable but it's important to bare in mind a few rules.
1. Combine your shoes and sandals as though you deliberately wanted to create a flasy and stylish look.
2. Skin toned tights are still a faux pas with open shoes. It looks like a woman put on the first pair of shoes she could find and created this look by accident.
(The only exception may be if you wear sling-backs or tiny peep-toes with sheer skin-coloured tights.)
I'd like to mention toeless tights here as well. They can only be worn if the colour of the tights is exactly the same as the colour of your toes. Otherwise it will just look very odd.
3. However if your skin toned tights have a colourful pattern on them, you can wear them with open toe shoes and combine them with a skirt or shoes that match the pattern.
4. Fishnet tights of any colour can be worn with open shoes.
5. Black tights of any thickness will look good with bright coloured shoes.
6.Under no circumstances may the seems on the toes or reinforced toe be visible.
7. The shoes must me stylish, urban type and with heels. Country side types of sandals, gladiators and any flat shoes will not be suitable for combining with tights. The appropriate shoes for this would be elegant strappy sandals or bold chunky shoes with wide heels, straps and platforms.
8. It is recommended to combine different textures of shoes and tights. The perfect type of tights for combining with open shoes would be thick opaque and bright coloured tights.
9. Black shoes or bright coloured shoes will look great with any other coloured tights.
10. For the less risky ladies it's good to combine tights and shoes of the same colour. Or, if the tights are patterned then the colour of the pattern can be combined with the colour of the shoes.
Сегодня мы завершаем серию постов о колготках. По многочисленным просьбам обсудим животрепещущий вопрос. Можно ли носить колготки с обувью с открытым носком? Ответ: можно, но нужно знать насколько правил: (продолжение в комментариях)
“Without black, no color has any depth. But if you mix black with everything, suddenly there’s shadow – no, not just shadow, but fullness”
Images @keishadesvignes for her wonderful exhibition
Hairstylist || @salon_desvignes