Three years ago we were living in Barcelona. A very busy yet peaceful city probably because you could always feel the sea breeze. This is one of the places where we've seen the most stunning architecture. Starting from Gaudi's masterpieces, some well- others less-known, going through vernacular Spanish craftsmenship all the way to contemporary architecture produced by Jean Nouvel, Toyo Ito, Benedetta Tagliabue and many other starchitects!
Our secret escape, though, was taking place every night after work. We'd go to a food market to grab something tasty and then for a long walk along beach. These few palms were the half-way-to-home mark. We'd usually sit underneat for a short pause and then continue our 10 000 steps walk.
What do you love doing after work/university everyday? Do you have any custom? Answers like watching TV are forbidden! 😂
#palmtrees 🌴 #friyay#beachlife#endlesssummer#seaside
no amazing travel backdrop on this picture. just a peak into what our real life road trip journey has looked like. it’s a tight squeeze, but I love our tiny air mattress squished in the car with donated pillows on top. I love having to cook meals on the ground & eat them with our feet hanging out the trunk. & I especially love the memories that have made for the tired eyes, the messy hair, & the all natural look 😊
Day 5 of 30 Days of Bali Travel Tips!
Beware of the monkeys! You'll find wild monkeys in many places around Bali like the Uluwatu Temple and of course the famous Ubud Monkey Forest. The monkeys are known to steal things so don't keep any loose items (like sunglasses) on you when visiting places with monkeys. And DEFINITELY don't bring food with you either because they will most definitely find it on you and won't leave you alone until they've stolen it from you 🙈
Have you ever had anything stolen from you by a monkey? Let us know your favorite travel tips! 🤩
Shot on Canon M50
Edited with a preset from our friend Lisa's new collection 👌 Check out her page and stay tuned for the release of her killer presets! @chef_in_transit
How to stop YO-YO dieting FOREVA:
1. Stop restricting calories and going hungry and start eating MORE of the foods you know you’re lacking in (ahem, green veggies, tubers/squash, fats, protein, fruits, etc) 🥗
2. Stop OBSESSING over arbitrary weight loss goals and start focusing on your day-to-day systems that will ACTUALLY change your health (pack a nourishing lunch, schedule a walk outside in nature, drink 8 glasses of water, make a plan to get protein on your plate each morning). Oh, and go ahead and throw your scale and tape measurer away while you’re at it 🙌
3. Stop swearing off sugar and pizza and donuts forever. When you stop giving so much mental energy to avoiding those foods and just eat them on occasion as you crave them, they will eventually lose their appeal because they aren’t OFF LIMITS anymore. Peace out diets ✌️
4. UNDERSTAND that IMPERFECT consistency over a long period of time is WAY MORE productive/effective than being super restrictive and giving up after 3 weeks.
5. Have a bigger why than weight loss. Here’s the deal, you can’t force long-term wt loss by going hungry and making yourself miserable via yo-yo diets and finding some magical fat-loss solution. THIS IS YOUR MAGIC SOLUTION 👉Weight loss is a guaranteed result of better habits (IF you have wt to actually lose in the first place). Get off the scale. Stop obsessing over calories and TRUST your body to change as YOU CHANGE your habits.
Tell me which point is your favorite below 👇
Oy freaking vey! Ever have those days where NOTHING seems to be going right?!
You missed your bus, spilled coffee on your white shirt, completely messed up a meeting, or just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You secretly just want to slowly back away and crawl into a hole for the rest of the week.
That’s honestly how solo travel is sometimes. On the surface, everything looks perfect, but in reality, you a hot mess 🔥 Any traveler will be more than happy to tell you about all of their rough days and accidents.
There are days when everything goes awry, but I find it’s the little things that distract you from the pain (quite literally sometimes 😂). Those tiny moments, where you just sit back and laugh at everything or decide to appreciate where you are, that’s what really saves you and turns all the unsavory moments into happy memories.
This sunrise...great example! As a night owl, waking up at the butt crack of dawn to witness the sun come into the sky sounds like “no thanks” to me. But my friend really REALLY wanted to go. So I went. I peeled myself out of bed, eyes still half shut, and we went to the top of this mountain. I could have sat there stewing and angry, but I turned it around and decided to appreciate the moment. Counting down when the sun would start peaking out and witnessing the sky change colors. Taking that step back made it all seem better and now waking up so early doesn’t seem as bad (...ps I said “as” bad haha, please don’t expect me to naturally wake up at 5am everyday now)✨
Moje surfové poprvé aneb očekávání vs realita level milion...💙
Ano, přesně tak.. strašně jsem to chtěla zkusit, sledovala videa a fotky skrz celý instagram a představovala si nejvíc sexy sport, mokrý slaný vlasy, americký (nebo spíš australský) úsměv a dokonalý postoj... místo toho jsem se dvě hodiny topila, zápasila s vodou, surfem a tou “šňůrou”, která mi několikrát málem utrhla nohu, vlasy jsem měla všude jen ne tam, kde by měly být a ještě druhý den jsem smrkala sůl! 🤦🏼♀️
Párkrát mě vlastně napadlo, že maličko závidím Andy, která to se zablokováným krkem nemohla zkusit a stojí na břehu 😄
PS: @betysek je skvělá instruktorka, statečně se topila se mnou💙
PSS: hned jak bude příležitost, půjdu to zkusit znova🌊
PSS: slibujeme, že s fotkama z Austrálie už končíme, jedeme totiž zase na výlet✔️
The journey of a thousand islands begins with a single beach.🏝️
Coron truly is a paradise world inside a paradise that is the Philippines. Countless islands with incredibly soft beaches, the clearest blue water and even mountains to hike on!
There is still so much for us to see here, so we'll definitely be back to discover more asap! 🙌
★What place comes first to mind that you want to visit again? 🌏★
One of the most beautiful night in the world “Khom Loi”
Every year in November the sky lights up with thousands of floating paper lanterns in Chiang Mai.