Looking for a creamy, dreamy side to join your Thanksgiving day lineup?! .
I’ve got it right here... Cauliflower Au Gratin with Challerhocker cheese and @rusticbakery spicy cheese coin crumb topping from @babyloncheesecellar!! I made this the other night as a practice run for Thanksgiving and it was a HUGE hit! .
• 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
• 3 tbsp butter
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups milk
• 1 cup shredded Challerhocker cheese
• 1 box of @rusticbakery cheese coins, pulverized into crumbs
• Pinch of nutmeg
• Salt & white pepper, to taste
1. Bring a saucepot go lightly salted water to a boil, add cauliflower & bring back to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Cauliflower should be soft, but not mushy!
2. Drain and place cauliflower in a greased gratin dish.
3. Melt butter in a rinsed-out pan over medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk until you have a smooth consistency.
5. Return the pan to low heat and continue to stir while the sauce comes to a simmer and thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring continuously, for about 3 minutes until the sauce is creamy and smooth.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the Challerhocker cheese, nutmeg, salt and white pepper. Taste and season accordingly.
7. Preheat broiler then top cauliflower with sauce and mix. Top with cheese coins crumbs.
8. Place under the broiler until brown and serve!
Potatoes Au gratin with a twist
I made this with only sweet potatoes ( Orange , purple and white potatoes all sweet ) and instead of cream I used fat free Half n Half to cut down the fat . I Still used Parmesan sprinkled all over the sliced potatoes and seasoned well with salt and pepper and a little fresh thyme . Baked covered and then topped with Gruyere cheese at the end and then broiled a few minutes #flavorsoffall#yummy#healthier#sweetpotatoes#augratin#colorful#carbsarelife#instayum
Pork tenderloin roulade , stuffed with caramelized onions , grilled smashed pineapple seasoned with cloves and green pepper corns, served with ratatouille, Parmesan mayonnaise au gratin cauliflower and salt grilled amatogarashi "long sweet chill" ...
The pork fillet is first sliced length ways about a cm thick rolling to left until the whole fillet is 1 cm slab , then sandwich between 2 sheets of kitchen wrap and pound flat with mallet , remove plastic arrange bacon strips , replace wrap and flip remove top wrap and cover the fillet with mixture, cover from the smaller end to ¾ then roll from the smaller end and set in fridge for an hour or so , remove plastic wrap and wrap in aluminium foil roast in preheated oven at 230°c for 25 mins , remove and rest 10mins .
Hungry girls dream & rescue after a hard days work 😍, but she herself prepared it 👍
au gratin potatoes & butternut squash with fresh herbs & spices - simply fulfilling & awesomely delicious 😋
Too bad hungry Yogini devoured it all 😜
For those who think they're too "adult" for a Nutella/banana bagel sandwich, our other special this week is: "The Presto Pesto": in house made pesto (with arugula, local basil, pine nuts, and emmental cheese), roasted cherry tomatoes, cracked pepper, olive oil, AND topped with emmental cheese (from @culturedfinecheese !) au gratin!
Available while supplies last, come and get it!
Last night after brewing, I pulled leftover Cauliflower Au Gratin (with Feta, Goat, Monterey Jack, and Smoked Gouda) and some Greek Chicken I made the night before. Decided to use the Au Gratin as the 'sauce' and added shaved ham, the Greek Chicken, and tomato. Yes, this was the bomb!
Found this at @aldiusa today. I’m #lazyketo and thought that this would be a nice side to go with whatever protein I make. It’s obviously not 100% keto but for those just trying to do #lowcarb it’s a nice option. Love all the random things I find there! #aldiforthewin
The Potatoes Au Gratin is back. Yukon Gold and Sweet Bandit potatoes with Comte cheese, cream, nutmeg and thyme. This is one of my all time favorite Thanksgiving dishes, and I'm always happy to share it with the ones I love. Enjoy!
I ate a snack past my fasting schedule last night. Even though it was only 1 small spoonful of sugar free peanut butter, it was enough to throw me off balance && have me STARVING all morning!! I could barely drink water cause it hurt my tummy, that’s how hungry I was! I held out though to get back on track with my 16:8 fast. -
This would be cauliflower && green bean au gratin!
I have been craving it and decided to break my fast with this deliciousness!! IT 🙌 WAS 🙌 WORTH 🙌 IT!!!! Get onions, green beans and cauli in the pan with some butter, or whatever you like to use . let those brown up a little then cover it for a few minutes to soften the cauli.
Next I added some coconut oil and about a tablespoon of butter. Then cream cheese, chopped up jalapeño (optional) and your seasonings. I used salt, cayenne and 21 seasoning salute(for the garlic🤤) Mix all that together so the veggies are coated with the cream cheese then add heavy cream!
Once that comes to a boil, remove from heat and add your cheese. I used parm && Monterey Jack. Then mix all together and put into a casserole dish or ramekin.
I topped mine with a drizzle of HWC around the edges so it didn’t dry out, some cheese🙈🙈, crushed up pork rinds and bacon!!! 👌👌👌 -
This was my lunch, but the boys will go crazy for it when I make a larger batch!!!