Seafood Pasta Catalon // manilla clams, PEI mussles, bay scallops, shrimp, calamari, spanish chorizo, piquillo peppers, red onion, roasted tomatoes, with linguini pasta in a white wine shellfish broth.
My favorite part about cooking is the fun I have doing it! I also love being able to provide my husband with a good meal - there’s just something about cooking for people you love. Tonight was a steak wheel stuffed with spinach and cream cheese, blanched asparagus broiled with KGPI butter, and fresh jalapeños stuffed with chive and onion cream cheese. Not pictured was a couple of fresh berries for a little sweet after touch. Good night! Getting back in my macros and not fearing the scale as much as the last two weeks. ☺️ .
Chicken picatta with @eatbanza pasta and sautéed asparagus.
3 chicken breasts, cut to tender size
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tb garlic salt
2 cups chicken broth
1 shallot minced
1-1 1/2 cups wine (depending on quantity of sauce)
4 Tb olive oil
1 jar of capers (3.55 oz drained)
2-4 Tb wondra quick mix flour
1 Tb dried or fresh parsley (finely chopped)
1. Cut chicken into tender size pieces. Mix together whole wheat flour, garlic salt, and pepper.
2. Dredge chicken in whole wheat flour mixture so it is evenly coated on each side. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tb of olive oil in a large skillet.
3. Add chicken to skillet and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides.
4. Meanwhile mince the shallot and prep any sides (I did @eatbanza chickpea pasta shells and sautéed and steamed asparagus with lemon zest)
5. Once chicken is browned, remove from pan and set aside. Add in left over 2 Tb of olive oil and minced shallot, sauté until shallot is soft and starting to brown.
6. Mix in wondra flour (or a slurry of water and cornstarch) to thicken. Add in more olive oil if needed. Once incorporated, add in chicken broth and white wine. Stir to combine.
7. Add in juice of one lemon, 1 Tb dried or fresh parsley, drained capers and return chicken to pan. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer 5 min or until sauce is thickened to desired consistency. Serve over @eatbanza pasta or rice and side veggie!
Enjoy! Tag me if you try out any of my recipes!! 💕
SPRING PRODUCE ✨I’ve been really enjoying all the spring produce lately. Especially asparagus, which has been forming part of many a salad and a side lately. These asparagus and prosciutto wraps are super easy and are a great starter or appetiser for your next event. I’ve simply steamed them slightly and then sliced each little stalk in three and wrapped with a little prosciutto. I’ve also made a version before with a little haloumi thrown in the mix and that was also quite scrumptious! Yum! 🌱✨
@senoranderson86 made dinner tonight 😍 Chicken, quinoa, and asparagus. Didn't realize how much I really needed a delicious, home cooked meal. There was never any doubt in my mind that it would be any other way, but he has been so wonderful since we got home from the hospital on Monday. I consider myself an independent person who has trouble asking for help, so add that to the fact that I am definitely still recovering from childbirth and moving slowly and it's been a little tough for me. He has done a great job sensing what I need and asking how he can help. We make a good team, and every day since our daughter was born has found me falling more and more in love with him. #dinner#homecookedmeal#homecooking#chicken#asparagus#quinoa#delicious#food#healthyeating#instafood#lucky#evanston#edgewater
Hooray! Asparagus is back in season. ⛱While highly nutritious asparagus does contain asparagusic acid that may make your pee smell within 15-30 minutes of eating it. It’s not harmful it’s just that enzymes in our body break the asparagusic acid down into smelly sulphur containing substances that can keep our pee smelly for a few hours depending on how much water we drink (to get rid of the smell quicker).
⛱Smelly pee aside asparagus should be revered for the huge lineup of nutrients it contains: Vitamins A, C, E, K and B6 for steady nerves and cellular metabolism; plus folic acid and tryptophan to improve mood; low in fat and calories ( just 32 kcals per cup)but high in fibre it aids gut health and weight control AND as if that’s not enough it also contains antioxidants to strengthen the immune system.
⛱I can’t claim the credit for this amazing Italian inspired vegetarian pasta meal prepared by my dear friend Judy. Doesn’t it look great!
Complete with fresh warm bread and salad it was a truly memorable meal😊🎈 If you need other vegetarian recipes follow my bio for website details