We landed late Tuesday evening and it’s been quite a lot of eating already. I’ll be perfectly honest, I haven’t been too excited about all the usual Taiwanese street food that I normally crave for. Personally, I was quite let down by some of my favourites in my last trip. The quality is just not as good as I recalled. Now it’s more for nostalgia than anything else. So we’ve been checking out restaurants instead of markets...
Here are some good ones that I have been enjoying so far:
1) Guava seafood restaurant in Jingmei (芭樂店) - I don’t know the address, I know it’s huge and it’s next to some apartment complex. This is where friends and families gather to eat fairly well for cheap. We always come here on the day we land and usually the day before we leave. It’s not fancy, it’s old school, it’s delicious.
2) Yamato Restaurant, Zhongshan branch (大和日本料理) - Traditional Japanese cuisine. Our favorites were the raw beef salad and the massive ebi tempura.
3) Miacucina in Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Xinyi - Cream cheese filled bagels, need I say more?! I LOVED the caramel walnut filled bagel. It was still just as good the next day. There are many flavors so I’m definitely going to make a second visit.
I’m sure I will still eat some market food but I’m just not as enthusiastic as I have in the past...for those that have visited Taiwan or lives(d) in the Taiwan, do you still enjoy nightmarket favorites?
Your favorite Taiwanese dishes are here. No need to travel far ‘coz now you can experience Taiwan at Tien Ma's. Visit us at the following locations: .
. - Makati Ave., Bel-air, Makati City
- D. Tuazon cor. Amoranto Sts., Retiro, Quezon City
- C5 Libis, Quezon City
- Kia Theatre, Cubao, Quezon City
- SM City Marilao, Bulacan
- SM City Cauayan, Isabela
- SM Lanang Premier, Davao
- Yashano Mall, Legazpi City
- Limketkai Mall, Cagayan De Oro City
- Robinsons North, Tacloban City .
Một số gợi ý khi gọi món tại Baozi đây ạ.
1. Trứng lòng đào bọc tôm thịt
2. Cháo sươn BBQ
3. Cơm bò rong biển
4. Các loại bao liên quan tới thịt theo (bao thịt kho, bao sườn BBQ). Mình không thích bao cua lột và bao thịt vịt, khẩu phần nhỏ và không vừa ý lắm.
5. Trà sữaaaaa
6. Salad thì nhìn chung ok hết, nhưng 1 phần to lắm ạ. Nên nếu đi đông người rồi hẵng gọi, còn không thì mình nghĩ là khó lòng mà ăn hết được.
Find delicious gua bao packed with braised pork belly, Asian sauerkraut and peanut powder at Vancouver’s @rhinofishnoodlebar - a modern noodle bar serving reimagined Taiwanese classics in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown district. Visit the link in our bio to see the full article. #PendulumFood
We have spacious dining area at Tien Ma's Retiro. Enjoy authentic Taiwanese cuisine with your family and friends, visit Tien Ma's today.
Tien Ma's Retiro is located at D. Tuazon corner N.S. Amoranto Ave., Retiro, Quezon City .
Large scale artworks on the walls of @rhinofishnoodlebar bring a playful and modern touch to the setting. We visited this innovative noodle bar serving Taiwanese classics with a twist on our recent #PendulumFood article. Visit the link in our bio for the full article.