I typically use the standard English pots for making tea, but I can't wait to add a few Gawains to my collection. It's beautiful!
So this is totally unrelated to the picture but I'd thought I'd share some information that I stumbled upon this evening about the effects of tea on hypertension. --
In a 2004 Taiwanese clinical study entitled "The protective effect of habitual tea consumption on hypertension" it was found that habitual moderate strength green or oolong tea consumption, 120 mL/d (about 4oz) or more for 1 year, significantly reduces the risk of developing hypertension in the Chinese population. -
In the study, six hundred subjects (39.8%) were habitual tea drinkers, defined by tea consumption of 120 mL/d (4oz) or more for at least 1 year. Compared with nonhabitual tea drinkers, the risk of developing hypertension decreased by 46% for those who drank 120 to 599 mL/d (20oz) and was further reduced by 65% for those who drank 600 mL/d. Wow! If I'm not mistaken the habitual drinkers did not incorporate any additional healthy practices into their lifestyle! -
Department of Family Medicine, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan.
Arch Intern Med. 2004 Jul 26;164(14):1534-40.
What would a celebration of both family and personal traditions be without a classic treat? We’ve got a scrumptious chocolate chip cookie recipe from @southernlivingmag that your whole family (or just you—we’re definitely not judging) will devour. Of course, we put a tea-riffic spin on it 😉 so get your Alvita Rooibos Tea ready!
🍪 All-Time Favorite Rooibos Chocolate Chip Cookies 🍪
What you’ll need:
- ¾ cup butter
- 2-3 bags of Alvita Rooibos Tea (we used 2, but if you want your flavor stronger, go for 3) - ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups of semisweet or milk chocolate chips, depending on the degree of your sweet tooth
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat
- When it’s fully melted and hot (but not boiling, so about 185°), add Rooibos Tea bags and allow to steep for 4 minutes
- Remove butter from heat and place tea bags in a sieve, pressing them with a spoon to get extra butter and tea flavoring out
- Place butter in the fridge to chill until stiff, then remove and allow it to soften a bit at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed in a stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, then gradually add to butter mixture, beating until just blended. Beat in chocolate chips until combined.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls or hand roll into tablespoon-sized balls and place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness (Rebecca Kracke Gordon, creator of this recipe, suggests 10 minutes for soft, chewy cookies and 14 for a crisp batch)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
When the under-13 netball team from Sederberg Primary School in Clanwilliam needed backpacks and water bottles, Rooibos Ltd helped them.
Click on the link in our bio to find out more. #RooibosLtd#Rooibos#Netball#Sport
Mutlu akşamlar insta canlarım 💕💕@gano.excel_hayat sayfasından siparişlerim geldi. Kullandıkça değişiklikler hakkında sizi bilgilendireceğim. Bu akşam rooibos çayını paylaştım. @gano.excel_hayat sayfasını ziyaret edip çok daha fazla bilgi edinebilirsiniz merak ettiklerinizi sorabilirsiniz.. @gano.excel_hayat
When you Mix Gin with Skin... So much fun spent with this bunch. Pamper party, chatting, laughing and a lot of GIN drinking!!
And this is just one of the reasons why I love what I do!!
If you belong to a dinner club, book club (pffft, we all know no books actually get read) or maybe you are hosting a Girlie friends pre-Christmas get together, consider booking an Annique pamper party. Trust me, it’s good-clean-fun!! #Annique#Rooibos#GinAndSkin#LoveEve @lynieveloveeve
Iwori cares about the planet and community, just as much as it cares about delivering luxurious body and skin care products. We are encouraging all consumers to join us on our journey of giving back to the beautiful world we all live in. Tag #iworibeauty and #doingmybit with pictures of you doing your bit in creating a better world - be it planting a tree, recycling your plastic bottles, picking up litter, volunteering at a charity, or even just lending a helping hand to someone in need. Come on, let’s work together to make the world a better place!