My brother in law came over today and cooked chicken Karahi dhaba style! A dhaba is a roadside restaurant found in Pakistan that serves authentic local cuisine. Their cooking styles are unique and the food is finger licking delicious!
What you need;
1 kg medium chicken
2 spring onions
5 cloves garlic
1/2 inch ginger
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup natural yogurt
1 tbs turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tbs coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbs crushed black pepper
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
Ginger for garnishing
Large red chilli
What you need to do;
1. In a pot add 1/2 tbs turmeric, garlic cloves and whole ginger. Add approx 1/2 cup water and bring to boil. Then simmer for approx 10 mins to release all the flavours.
2. In a Karahi add chicken, sliced tomatoes, chopped spring onions, lemon juice & the turmeric/garlic/ginger water. Cover and cook on a high flame for approx 10-15 mins until the tomatoes soften and the chicken is partly cooked.
3. Remove the lid and continue to cook on a high flame until all the water has dried.
4. Add 1/4 cup oil to chicken, the remaining turmeric powder, coriander seeds crushed between the palm of your hands, cumin powder, garam masala, cumin seeds, crushed black pepper, red chilli flakes. Mix and cook on high flame for approx 10- 15
Mins until the chicken is cooked and darkened in colour, also the oil will start to separate.
5. Add the yoghurt, the curry will turn to a pale white colour. Cook for approx 10 - 15 mins until Water from the yoghurt has dried and the oil seperate again.
6. Garnish with sliced chillies, chopped coriander & thinly sliced juliennes of ginger.
Serve with hot chapattis & salad. Adjust the salt and chilli according to your taste. .
I know it has been more than a month 🙈 but just found those pics at my phone and thought that I have to share it. So I had that dream for a few years to see f1 race. And it had never happened due to different reasons🙈 even I was in the country and I had tickets once, but I didn’t go there🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️ so I was really dreaming to see the car race! And finally I’ve got to Monaco and had a chance to witness retro car race 😍 seriously, I felt that my dream came true, even it was super noisy and rainy😅
Just want to say a huuuuuge thanks to @filmawardstv and to @sashawaseem to make this my little dream come true! You don’t know how much I wanted to be a part of this event🙈 sometimes we need so less to feel again like kids ☺️
Do you have any event that you are dying to get to see?
EGGS FOR SKINCARE? 😍👌🏻Yes, you heard me right. There are skin care products by @holika_holika_qatar
This smooth egg skin product is a peeling foam, indeed VERY unique, made from the natural eggs of Mountains Jiri. It sweeps out the dead skin, clear the pores giving your skin a natural nourishing smooth and supple feel.
There are 2 types. Brown and white! Brown is for the everyday use whereas the white one is a cleansing foam. (Thrice a week) totally impressed! You can also order it online from iHerb. ❤️