TOM KHA GAI - FOOD VIDEO 🎥
I filmed myself Cooking Tom Kha Gai at Silom Thai Cooking School and finally had some time (2-4am 😅) to cut it. I hope you enjoy it. You will find a written recipe in my feed some posts before.
Please give me some feedback, whether you like it and whether I should create more food videos of this kind. Thanks for your support. 🤗✌️
COME AND JOIN US on our first pop-up series this coming August 4 and 5, 2018 in Costa Mesa, CA! 🍽🥂 Dinner will be at 5:00pm and 8:30pm. Limited seats only! 💥
CLICK link in bio to purchase tickets! ☝️
Garlic Bread Chicken Philly 🧀💥
This absolutely tasty sandwich has one side of fully loaded garlic bread and one side of super cheesy chicken Philly cheesesteak! Then it’s all baked to crispy goodness 👌🏼
1. Heat skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil to medium high heat.
2. Sauté 2 diced chicken breasts, one sliced onion, 1 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tbsp cumin, salt, and pepper for about 15-20mins or until chicken is fully cooked through. Set aside.
3. In a bowl combine 5-6 crushed garlic cloves, 1 cup finely chopped parsley, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Cut a loaf of sourdough French bread in half.
5. Add the garlic mixture to one side of the bread.
6. Add the cooked chicken and onions to the other side of the bread and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Place both sides of bread loaves in oven and bake on low broil for about 3 mins or until cheese is melted and garlic bread is toasty.
this cauliflower cacao smoothie is the one. 🤤
this baby is full of healthy PHATZ!💯it's so rich and creamy, and cacao isn’t just to eat after dinner, it’s rich in iron + magnesium (2 minerals many people are deficient in) and raw cacao has more calcium than cow's milk 😱
to make, combine:
1 serving chocolate protein powder
2 T raw cacao powder
2 T raw cacao nibs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1 T ground flax
1.5 cups frozen cauliflower
1/4 frozen avocado
1 cup hemp milk
1 cup water
and blend on high for 2 minutes. pour it up and enjoy! xo meghan 💗💗
I Raan Paratha Tacos - Monthly Specials I 🍴
This Indian Taco is one of our monthly specials!
Flaky paratha topped up with hand pulled braised leg of lamb. Reminiscent of the old narrow lanes of Lucknow (the City of Royals in India), where Flaky Parathas and lamb kebabs are sold in the by lanes during festive season.
Come by and indulge in our Raan Paratha Tacos from 16 July to 16 August 2018 only at Charcoal! 😋
Make a reservation:
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese 🧀
Because sometimes you just need garlic bread and grilled cheese at the same time!
1. Slice buns in halves (I used Hawaiian rolls).
2. Add a layer of sliced turkey, and a layer (or 2 😏) of cheddar cheese slices between bread slices.
3. Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour garlic mixture on top of bread slices.
5. Bake in oven at low broil for 2-3 mins or until garlic is toasted.
Bacon & Maduro Breakfast Skillet 🍳
This is the ultimate breakfast or brunch one skillet meal! It has veggies, crispy potatoes, bacon, fried eggs, and topped with homemade sweet plantains 😋
1. Cook 5-6 bacon slices in skillet according to directions. Set cooked bacon aside.
2. Peel 2 ripened plantains, and slice the plantains into 1inch thick slices.
3. Set skillet to medium heat and cook plantains in bacon oil for about 2-3 mins each side. Set cooked plantains aside.
4. Raise heat to medium high and place 1 diced large potato, 1 diced onion, 2 large sliced carrots, 3-4 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper into skillet.
5. Cook for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Make 4 pockets into the potato hash mixture for the eggs.
7. Place an egg in each pocket in the potato hash. Cover with lid and cook for about 5 mins for runny yolk.
8. Remove skillet from heat and top with chopped bacon, chopped scallions, and sweet plantains.
Spicy Jerk Chicken & Mango Avocado Salsa 💥
This jerk chicken is the perfect amount of spice and also a super easy weekday meal! The mango avocado salsa is also so YUM😋
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Marinate 8 skin-on chicken legs in 1 cup of Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk seasoning (this is the best and most flavorful jerk seasoning that I’ve found - in the international aisle of the grocery store) for about 20 mins. This seasoning is very thick so make sure to spread it around evenly.
3. Place the chicken legs into a baking dish and bake for 45-50mins or until chicken legs are cooked through.
4. Mango avocado salsa:
1 diced mango
1 diced avocado
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
5. Serve chicken legs with salsa over basmati rice.
Crispy Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder!
This pork shoulder is slow roasted in the oven and the result is super tender meat with the most crispy crackling skin 😍
1. Preheat oven to 320F.
2. In the center of a roasting dish, place 2 halved garlic bulbs and 2 halved onions.
3. Sprinkle all sides of pork with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Place the pork skin side up on top of the onion and garlic.
5. Pour 2 cups dry white wine into the dish. Make sure not to wet the pork skin.
6. Roast 2 1/2 hours.
7. Turn oven up to 450F.
8. Roast for 30 minutes.
9. Transfer pork to serving dish and cover with foil. Leave pork resting for 20 mins before serving.
Cheddar BBQ Rib Rolls 🇺🇸
Made these bad boys for Memorial Day and they were soooo delicious. Egg rolls stuffed with cheddar cheese and super tender falling off the bone rib meat, quick fried and perfectly crispy!
1. Place 2-3 spoonfuls of rib meat 1 inch away from the edge of an egg roll wrapper.
2. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on rib meat.
3. Brush egg wash around inner corners of the egg roll wrapper, and roll up until edges are sealed.
4. Make sure to pinch both side edges of wrapper together to avoid it falling apart in the oil.
5. Heat 3-4 inches of oil in a deep pot over medium high.
6. Place sealed rolls a couple at a time in the pot and fry until all sides are golden in color. About 4 mins.
7. Serve with any dipping sauce (I used ranch).
1. Heat grill to 250F or medium low depending on the grill.
2. Season baby back ribs with a dry rub of paprika, complete seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Wrap the entire slab in foil meaty side up and make a little tent so the foil isn’t touching the top part of the rib slab.
4. Place in grill for 2 hours with lid closed.
5. After 2 hours are up, remove foil and glaze ribs with bbq sauce.
6. Wrap ribs back in the foil and place in grill for 2 more hours with lid closed.
Chili Stuffed Peppers 🌶
Roasted green peppers stuffed with chili and topped with melted cheese, pico de gallo, Greek yogurt, and avocado! 🥑
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cut off tops of large green bell peppers and scoop out the insides.
3. Place peppers in a baking dish and bake for about 25-30 mins.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, sauté 1/2 lb ground sirloin, 1/2 diced yellow onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 can drained black beans, 1 can drained pinto beans, 1 cup corn, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp chili powder, salt, and pepper for 15 mins stirring every minute or so.
5. Add 1/3 cup tomato paste to skillet and stir.
6. Add 1 cup beef broth to skillet, stir, cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and cook for another 10-15 mins.
7. Pour chili into the baked peppers and top with shredded Mexican cheese.
8. Place back into oven and bake for 5 more mins.
9. Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings!
This morning's creation...
Whole Wheat Maple Chia Waffles
Egg, dairy, sugar free... and yummy! Ask my toughest critics, my kids 😉
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp sea salt. (Mix above ingredients together in big bowl)
2T chia seeds
6T water (Mix seeds and water together in separate small bowl until becomes a bit foamy approx 5min)
1 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
1 T apple cider vinegar, 3 T real maple syrup (Mix milk, vinegar and maple syrup together and let sit for 5min- will make into a buttermilk flavour)
Add 5T sunflower oil or melted coconut oil, 2tsp vanilla and chia seeds to milk mixture.
Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just mixed(still a little lumpy)
Preheat and spray waffle maker with non stick spray or rub with melted coconut oil before each waffle or they will stick!! Cook according to waffle maker instructions.