Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan are reported to have refused to sign new contracts with WWE
Joe Peisech at Barnburner's Fired Up podcast told that before SummerSlam Vince McMahon had a meeting about contracts with several superstars. Last week, we reported that Vince McMahon will hold a closed meeting with Lesnar, but Pacech informs that in addition to Lesnar and Vince McMahon, before SummerSlam, Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan spoke about contracts. "Dolph Ziggler did not sign a new contract with WWE. He had a meeting with the management, where he was offered a new deal, but he rejected it. Unfortunately, I do not know the details, "Pacech said.
In his social networks, Dolph also published a photo with the moment when Seth Rollins gives him Curb Stomp on SummerSlam and the end of The End. All this, based on the news about the status of his contract, forces fans to speculate about Dolph Ziggler's possible departure in the near future, but the other half of the fans believe that in this way Dolph Ziggler only showed the end of his champion race as an IR champion, not a career.
Joe Peisech does not know what awaits Dolph any further, but he does not rule out that it was the reluctance to sign the contract offered to him and served as the reason why Dolph lost the title on the last PPV show. In a similar situation, Daniel Brian, who also refused to sign the contract, but his situation is more transparent. "Daniel Bryan personally discussed a new contract with Vince McMahon before SummerSlam. I'm told that he had the most prolonged meeting. Almost three hours. More precisely, two hours and forty-six minutes. They talked with the lawyer for a long time about the terms of the contract and nevertheless refused the proposed option. As I understand it, Brian wants to stay at WWE, but both sides still can not agree on a contract that would satisfy everyone, "added Pacech.
A short Summerslam 2018 review and my ratings:
Now the PPV was actually pretty good. Don't know 'bout you, but Roman winning made it more special for me. I just don't give a fuck about the haters now - ROMAN DESERVED THAT. The matches were average and Bryan vs Miz and Styles vs Joe was just a bit above average. Now don't get me wrong. The storytelling by Samoa Joe and AJ Styles was just amazing. But the extreme pre-match hype again, I guess ruined it. I don't need to say this, you know it too - Styles vs Joe was an average match. So was Ziggler vs Rollins. That one spot - The Inverted Suplex from the top rope was just🔥🔥. Demon Bálor returned, Ronda squashed Bliss, Becky turned heel - All the positives. The one huge disappointment for me was Braun vs Owens. A huge disappointment.
Ratings (Excluding the pre-show)
Ziggler vs Rollins - 3.75
Bludgeon Brothers vs New Day - 3
Braun vs Owens - 0.5
Carmella vs Becky vs Charlotte - 3.5 (This match was pretty good IMO)
Styles vs Joe - 4 (Would have given it 3, but the storytelling was just amazing)
Bryan vs Miz - 3.25 (Average match, didn't enjoy much)
Bálor vs Corbin - It was a squash. No ratings
Nakamura vs Jeff - 3
Alexa vs Ronda - 2
Lesnar vs Reigns - 4 (Why not. Reigns winning made my day. And it's my fuckin' ratings. I'll rate what shit I want. And Roman didn't get booed out of the building. He got a mixed reaction. Still there was a "You both suck" chant for a few seconds. But the best thing was - After Reigns won, those who had to cheer him, cheered. And a very less no. of people booed. And no hate comments on Roman today. I'm a happy sob right now, so even if you do, I ain't gonna block you, I'll delete the comment)
Ex-#WWE Superstar #CMPunk Declined Offer to Wrestle at '#AllIn ', #CodyRhodes Says, Cody Rhodes and The #YoungBucks made an attempt to get former WWE champion CM Punk to appear at the Sept. 1 "All In" event at the Sears Centre in Chicago. Speaking to Wrestling Inc. president Raj Giri (via WrestlingInc.com's Aaron Varble), Rhodes explained that Punk turned down their offer for the show: "Matt [Jackson] actually made a full offer or full pitch for his services and I think Punk is focused on the Mixed Martial Arts element of his career. One of the reasons we didn't first come out and say, 'here's who we want you to wrestle,' because I think we just wanted him to be a part of the event for a lot of fans, he's captured their imagination even with the amount of time he's been gone. He has a mythical presence to them. I thought it would be good for him to connect with them, but that's me, you know?" CM Punk hasn't done anything in professional wrestling since leaving WWE after the 2014 Royal Rumble. Since walking away from the ring, Punk has tried his hand at mixed martial arts. The 39-year-old had two fights in UFC, losing to Mickey Gall via submission in 2016 and Mike Jackson in June via unanimous decision.
Following Punk's loss to Jackson, #UFC president Dana White told reporters the former WWE star "should call it a wrap" on his MMA career. Punk will be in Chicago during "All-In" weekend for a signing event at a Pro Wrestling Tees shop on Aug. 31. Even though it doesn't seem like Punk will have a role on the show, "All In" did make history by becoming the first non-WWE wrestling show to sell at least 10,000 tickets since WCW in 1999. #Paige#Cesaro#RomanReigns#DeanAmbrose#SashaBanks#SamoaJoe#SamiZayn#LukeHarper#BrayWyatt#RandyOrton#Neville#Kalisto#KevinOwens#AjStyles#FinnBalor#NXT#TNA#ROH#WWENews#WrestlingNews#WWELiveCoverage#WWERAW#SmackDown#SDLive