Fluffy jasmine rice with a stir fry of celery and 豆腐乾 (dòufu gān) - which is dried tofu (people also call it dried bean curd and that’s also what it says on the packaging: „Five Spice Flavored Dried Bean Curd“). It’s that kind of dish that I call my mom for because I know I won’t find the perfect recipe online - she has it :) Very simple (like any basic Chinese dish) and full of flavors.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 6 pieces of five spice flavored dried tofu⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 4 stalks of celery⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- About 6 slices of fresh ginger⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- One scallion (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Some oil and soy sauce⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Sugar & white pepper⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Wash and prepare celery. Cut the tofu, celery and scallion into strips. Add some neutral oil into a pan and sautée the ginger in hot oil until fragrant. Add in the tofu and fry until golden. Then add in the celery and scallion (optional). Season with some soy sauce (about 4 tbsp), a little bit of sugar and white pepper (and maybe salt if it’s not salty enough yet with the soy sauce). Stir-fry until the celery is tender. Add water if needed. Serve with rice.